BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you barners hit the island for fishing or vacationing. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Been going down for a week in either late April or early may since 1998. Also frequently spend news years in buxton and we always set aside a day or two to ferry over and fish OI.

Little slice o heaven.

·
Registered
98 Posts
We are taking the boat down and putting it in Teachs Lair for three weeks at the end of May and beginning of June. We stay right across the street from the Marina. We will definatly be heading to Howards Pub on a couple of occasions the place is a great time.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I have been down there 10 - 12 times over the past 18 yrs. I love that Island, we rented different houses every time, Iv'e had different boats down there and my current boat is rigged for the flats down there with a jack plate that makes fishing in skinny water a dream come true. We got blown out last summer because of the hurricane and could not go. Thank god I had the trip insurance or else I would have been out two grand, we had booked for two weeks. I always get that insurance, it is worth every penny.

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ocracokers are my relatives. I am not a Howard (they are my cousins) but my name is all over the island. Can you guess who I am? HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
If you decide to take your your truck on the beach Make sure you check the new regulations and permits etc.You could be not allowed on the beach with the damn birds.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Rental a house in the Teaches Lair Marina area end of May first week of June each year. Dock the boat right at the house. Great rental through Midgett Realty , HI20. Be there again this year.

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
circlehook

All cousins but you didn't get me yet. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres a hint

What is the name of the main drag?????

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
What is the name of the main drag?????
Highway 12? :D Just kidding.

Your a garrish? Hwy 12 thru town is Irvin Garrish hwy.

I've fished the ocracoke invitational surf fishing tourney every year since 1998. And my club has made all but #1. Had to spend 1 yr on the waiting list. :wave:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
early 70 's camping and fishing with my Dad was a great time except when he would get are van stuck in the sand and we had to dig it out . remember crabs washing up on the beach by the bushel . couldent give any away . Surf fishing was the best . Have to get back one day .

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Circlehook

Bingo!!! You win the cigar. We also have our own cemetary. Alot of history on that island. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am glad nobody called me back road. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.