BASS BARN banner

Ocracoke island n c

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  M.T Nest 
#1 ·
How many of you barners hit the island for fishing or vacationing. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

#7 ·
I have been down there 10 - 12 times over the past 18 yrs. I love that Island, we rented different houses every time, Iv'e had different boats down there and my current boat is rigged for the flats down there with a jack plate that makes fishing in skinny water a dream come true. We got blown out last summer because of the hurricane and could not go. Thank god I had the trip insurance or else I would have been out two grand, we had booked for two weeks. I always get that insurance, it is worth every penny.

#8 ·
The ocracokers are my relatives. I am not a Howard (they are my cousins) but my name is all over the island. Can you guess who I am? HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

#9 ·
If you decide to take your your truck on the beach Make sure you check the new regulations and permits etc.You could be not allowed on the beach with the damn birds.

#17 ·
early 70 's camping and fishing with my Dad was a great time except when he would get are van stuck in the sand and we had to dig it out . remember crabs washing up on the beach by the bushel . couldent give any away . Surf fishing was the best . Have to get back one day .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.