BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the oddest bait you ever cought a fish with? I heard animal crackers can apparentely catch stripers. A buddy of mine cought a flounder on a banana peil. weird stuff. Anyone else?

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
have done well with bacon

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
My twin 5 year olds tried gummy worms and actually caught a sea bass. I laughed at them till they hooked up. Then they laughed at me. Go figure

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gotta agree with the bacon. We were coming in from outside LEI and my buddy asked to stop in 42' of water in front of Rutgers. He thru on a piece of bacon from on old BLT and pulled up a nice flatty! I'm still shaking my head.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Try tipping your flounder hook with a small pc of slimjim

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
BEEF JERKY,worked on a striper and a 21 " fluke

·
Registered
262 Posts
caught a striper off the dock using a cocktail olive on a leadhead....I think it was shaken, not stirred !

·
Registered
82 Posts
23inch weakfish on a piece of terriaki steak

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Coming back from the canyon we stopped at the old grounds and used ham strips for bait. We caught 4 or 5 fluke up to 5 lbs. Then we had ribbons. Or course the ham was imported I think they like that better then Boiled. :D

[ 12-13-2005, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Fish4Life ]

·
Registered
618 Posts
Used to make Wheaty Balls for Carp and Catfish. Crunch up some Wheaties. A little water. Roll 'em up. Let Stand. Wheaty Balls!!!! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Didn't actually catch anything on this but you could say I chummed them up. 12 years ago I went with my girlfreind on vacation to Salem Mass. In the middle of the bay was a restaurant. At the restaurant, we were tossing curly fries into the water and the stripers were coming right up to the surface to grab them. Funniest part was the stripers were actually faster than the seagulls.
BTW, I have this all on tape.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I always take a Slim JIm with me when I fish but I always eat it. Next time, I'll have to try it as bait!! How's raw squid taste as a snack?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts