BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took BiggestJack, Bob Metzger and Al out Tuesday for some deepwater fishing and they were there in numbers.;) Many 16 inch were released and we put 17 keepers in the box to 22 inches. Fishing seems to be improving each time we fish but very surprised to see soo many shorts.:confused: It was a 6 to 1 ratio. We also caught a few nice size Sea Bass and little of anything else.
Conditions were good with light southwest winds and two foot seas. Water temp was 73 degrees and very clear and blue.Sad part was burnt 44 gallons of fuel:mad: but we seem to get on them pretty good . Can't wait to see the fish move in closer and will try fishing the Cape May reef area next week and hope to find some there. :eek: Tight lines Johnny D.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Glad to hear that there are some fish showing up, hopefully it's going to be a late season bite. Are you guys fishing in the JSC tourney fri and sat?
Ron

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron. no Im not a tournement fisherman. It I for a real good cause and I may enter it next year.:rolleyes: By the way it was Tuesday not Monday we went out. Senior momont, cant remember what day it is anymore.:eek:

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
John if you decided you want to go fri. we have room, if you talk to Chaz let him know to, I don't think Mickey is fishing in the tourn., the biggest problem is theoffshore weather looks bad for fri and sat. Do you remember how Chaz spells his boats name? Is it get-em-wet?

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Nice trip there Johnny and crew!!!! Congrats and glad you guys found em.

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
Good Job JD.

Rage Ill be fishing sat in the jsc (and friday or sunday if weather cancels)

Give me a call

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Good Job Johnny, way to go. It must have been the nice new shinny sinkers that made the difference.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
amber lee said:
John if you decided you want to go fri. we have room, if you talk to Chaz let him know to, I don't think Mickey is fishing in the tourn., the biggest problem is theoffshore weather looks bad for fri and sat. Do you remember how Chaz spells his boats name? Is it get-em-wet?
Ron it's Get N' It Wet and come on all you had to do is look over from your's. I was just thinking about sending you and e-mail. Let me know what days you have off.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kevin, There are some big fish coming out of the Old Grounds but not in Quanity. Good place to fish the tourney in though'. Thats not where I fished.
Ron, Thanks for the offer but Im allready sceduled to fish, gonna try some wreck fishing for a change of pace. Good luck out there. Yes Chaz Boat is Get En Wet.
Don't hear from Mickey?
Eddie, yeah, may have something to do with it. Ha.Hope to get you and Pat out this weekend. I'll call you.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Chaz I just tried to email you and it won't go thru, you should be able to direct email me thru the barn I just changed my settings to allow this, we're fishing fri. and sat. weather permitting in the JSC tourney. Next week we're hopeing to do an overnighter but I'm not sure what day. I left your number on the boat, you can reach us at (856)904-0040 we're heading down the boat in the morning and will be there until late sat. or sun am. I hear you and Bobby have been fishing Offshore with the Pigman, it looks like the tuna bite is going to get hot. Let's go get them.

·
Registered
23,111 Posts
Nice report John.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fran good luck on the Tourney this weekend and hope you find the big one.:p Anna Katheryn, Hope they come closer soon as running offshore is tiring.:(
Biggest Jack you were a real pleasure to have onboard and look forward to more trips with you in the near future.By the way Fishpickers was looking for you this morning????:eek: He even had fresh doughnuts. :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts