BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8,050 Posts
Squid, nice post. Anyones guess. But I see this snow flying like it hasn't in years and think maybe changes are a coming....

· Registered
8,050 Posts
Your head is right on....:thumbsup:

We'd love to have you. Don't sweat the sea bass thing either. I can limit you out by noon, if not sooner, most days at the right time of year for very reasonable money. With quality fish..

As for tuna chasing, well you prolly know the deal already. You come to the right place.. Well, it seems the right place came to you...:D Nice place to live, where you do...

· Registered
8,050 Posts
These are my thoughts on this year. The cold weather we have had has impacted the entire east coast from maine to well south of Florida. It has cooled the water surrounding the Gulf stream and the Gulf Stream as well.
I dont think we will see the 80 degree+ water we have seen in the past two years on the west side of the stream. I feel that the yellow fin that were on the East side were there because it was cooler then the West side of the stream and I feel, with cooler water temps the Yellowfin will be back in our canyons like we have had in years past. On a side note if the water temps are on cue with what the tuna like and there are none then we have to look at the west coast of Africa and whats going on there. Massive amounts of tuna are getting Purse Seined there, wanna stop it? Stop eating canned tuna. They use 200 tons of tuna a day in their canneries:confused: Thats just Starkist Tuna, they buy Bonita, Albocore, Yellowfin, and Bigeye Tuna From Foreign Fleets. 200 TONS A DAY!!!!!!
so with that said If the Yellowfin and Albocore do not show up this year then we have problems.............
Amen Kobey.... I mentioned that, consider New Quinea as well... All my training buddies that eat canned tuna I lecture and convince them it is full of Mercury.. Eat Chicken....

· Registered
8,050 Posts
Mark this as these are my sincere thoughts

Here's what I think:

I think the weather is going to be hairy in the earlier part of the season, only allowing the biggest of our brothers to fish even they will be inconsistent.

I think the early bite with be tuff this year.

I think we will have a legit chunk bite, mid late season. As well as a better YF season than 08 and 09.

I don't think marlin fishing will be as it was the past two seasons.

I think the Southern canyons will light up this year, out shining the Northern.

I am think we will see several BF over 73 inches, this year.

I beleive Makos will be late.

Mark me, how it is it I think these things? No idea, either trending and/or fish sense..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.