BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The wrecks will usually have a handfull of big seabass left. Lots of ling. Cod depending on which area you fish. Some of the deeper wrecks will have nice pollock on them.

It's usually not a bang up job, but you can put a nice catch together if you hit a couple good pieces.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Went last year 4/25, i think, after receiving a tip that they were still there in good numbers. Went there and did very well, limit with 2 legitimate 6lb fish. Went back 8 days later and knew we were in trouble because the color machine looked completely. Caught ZERO seabass. I think they really have a tendency to up and leave all at once and together

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I've heard the same,but it is still good structure,just wondering what if anything is down there.Gonna have to give it a shot while out that way this season.
What if you dropped a chum pot then started to fish that area. It's got to hold something. The reel question is what?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
What if you dropped a chum pot then started to fish that area. It's got to hold something. The reel question is what?
Probably ling, pout, conger eels, bergalls, blueline tiles, etc. I don't doubt that there could be some unusual fish down there during the summer though. If the tuna and dolphin fishing is slow and you want to bottom fish, your best bet is to jig over a high profile wreck. Anything over 180' in the summer should hold pollock.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Probably ling, pout, conger eels, bergalls, blueline tiles, etc. I don't doubt that there could be some unusual fish down there during the summer though. If the tuna and dolphin fishing is slow and you want to bottom fish, your best bet is to jig over a high profile wreck. Anything over 180' in the summer should hold pollock.
Agreed there are a few not too far from there that are better bets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.