BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a new to me boat i just bought a few months ago, and it has oil injection, with oil in the tank. it sat for a couple years and i want to empty and put new oil in, what is the best kind to use for this engine?? thanks for any replys

·
Registered
961 Posts
Any TC-W3 2cycle marine oil will work in that motor. For example, Evinrude/Johnson XD30, Quicksilver Premium (red label), LubriMatic TC-W3, Yamalube 2cycle just to name a few. Do you know if the motor was properly winterized? If the motor has been siting a few years the carbs might need attention as well. You may also want to change the lower unit oil.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it was winterized when i got it, i ran it with good gas, and made sure the oil injection was working. i am going to change the lower unit oil as well thanks

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
yes it was winterized when i got it, i ran it with good gas, and made sure the oil injection was working. i am going to change the lower unit oil as well thanks
How did you test the VRO? I'd recommend you run 50 to 1 gas oil mix till you see if the engine is pulling oil from the oil tank. A little 24 to 1 won't hurt anything. Then after that give the engine a good decarboning with Seafoam.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dunk, yes when i first got the boat, i hooked it up to a portable tank with premix in it, and before i started it i sprayed some fogger in the cylinders , and then tried to start, well it would start and then stall, i did this about 4-5 times, then i removed the screws/drain in the bottom of the carbs and oil poured out, so then i unhooked the premix tank and hooked it to straight gas a ran it and she ran great, i removed the onboard tank, and removed the couple gallons of fuel in it and put some fresh in and let it sit and rinsed it out. replced all the fuel lines,clamps, vent lines. and now i need to put the tank back in. im gonna change the lower unit oil next weekend, and start getting it ready. would it be a good idea to change it over to premix?? and unhook the oil injection for peace of mind??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.