BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for the details for u guys have helped out so much to clear the air for everything...

The boat i am buying is the 1995 27' albemarle express. It has twin volvo penta 5.7L fuel injected engines rated at 285 hps. There is new lower manifolds on em, risers, hoses, fresh water pump, salt water pump, coaming pads, tower pads, full enclosure, cockpit enclosure.

the hours on the engines are about 450, they were repowered in 1996/97 through warranty by Volvo themselves. (something about an underpower issue)

I met wayne yesterday at garden state marina and we worked (well i watched him work!) on the engines and went over everything! Rob Cozen surveyed her and everything checked out ship shape...i think the worst thing on her was that the cockpit scuppers?? (things that prevent water from coming aboard on a following sea) So i guess that aint so bad!! Then for the best!!!........

We decided to do the sea trial the same day, man was it snotty, the surveyor had wayne fire her up to about 4000 rpms (btw, we pulled her out and powerwashed bottom,...damn boat looks huge outa water!) and she purred along! The bay was wicked rough and this thing just plowed through it! Even my g/f came along with no problems. All in all the experience was absolutely fantastic, Rob COzen was extremely helpful even though i couldnt lock in an exact time for him! Everything looks like its perfect and ill be taking delivery this Tuesday, and have her at utsch's that night! Anyone going to be down there tuesday night, ill be at f-23 west side drooling over her:)
Free Beer!!
Phil

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Sounds like a great rig Phil! Good Luck with her!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
SWEET,best of luck PHIL !!!
For anyone that never had the pleasure of meeting Phil.If your in cape may Tues. you should go check out his new rig and say hello.He is an awesome dude and really loves his fishing.

[ 10-21-2004, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Registered
12,879 Posts
Phil we fishing tuesday? Email me a reminder monday and Ill stop by tues

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
congrats i will be down wed stop by if i can and say hello

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats, thats an awesome boat. Now get her out and catch some stripers.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Sounds great Phil! Best of luck. I'll be over to check her out sometime next week or weekend. I may take Thursday or Friday (or both) off.

See you soon.

Steve

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Same mills as the Delight. The numbers I threw ought to be very close to your actual numbers...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
"Congrats Phil" my buddy just got a 97' 28' just like her!! :D :D The "Rips" here we come!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll save beers for everyone!! im beyond excited, but i found out just how much different it is down the shore though! At my marina by my house, if i run the boat all the way down the deleware river to bensalem, its 20'foot to store the boat for winter (including pulling her out, scrubbing bottom,and relaunch) down in cape may its 27$ foot, 2.50 ft to pull her, 2.50 foot to scrub her,!! wowowowow! now to pay premium to fill her 260 gallon tank up....Faint...anyways i just cant wait to rip into some stripers..!!
phil

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also, how high do u guys think the tower will be on this boat? As in how high of bridge clearance will i need if im going under a bridge?
thanks
phil

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
If its like mine i had a 20 bridge that was never an issue. I cleared one at 15' and change (with buggy top) by dropping the riggers and antennas on the trip up.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea im not sure which type i have..it has the shade and stuff on it, just that if i run her back to pa it would be perfect and cheap! plus easy to work on her! bridge is about 15 ' of clearence at low tide!

oh well!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea, heading back past three seasons marina to eckerts marina. I think i am going tocheck with the place i dry docked the other boat.. i dont think it will be nearly as expensive as keeping her down the shore, plus it will be easier to work on her i would assume...prolly ujust run her till the beginning of december then run her up the deleware and have her pulled and winterized mebbe,...i dont know if that is too late or what...any suggestions on winterizing? someone told me to winterize the water pumps and then keep running her till beginning of december, is that recommended?

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
15 you ought to make if you drop the riggers and antennas. I think I did make one at 14' earlier this year but my butt was puckering :D ...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts