BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at new trolling reels for stripers/bonito and was considering a line counter reel. I see Okuma has 2 models in various sizes. The Convector and the Magda. Any one have any feed back with these reels? I've never fished okuma but since I'm looking for 4-6 of them I want to find a cost friendly reel. I can't find specs of pounds of drag for them any where. What can you tell me?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
JerseyBrian3 said:
How do you like it? Is it big enough for most inshore fish or do you ever find it to be a little light?
I used it a few times, and have never found it to be light. I only use Penn, and do not have much experience with other company's reels, someone may be able to help you with the okuma you were talking about, but I am a Penn guy :cool:. I have about 4-5 Penn level-wind reels (9m and 209m), and they are built to last for years and years!!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I have the okuma titus T-15s and like them alot. I have used them for the last 3 years with no issues. They are not a line counter reel but they do have a lever drag which I like a lot better than a star drag.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i used the 30d convector ,and for the money they are a good reel. they in the begining had trouble with there drags but they up graded them.you could olso look in to the older diawas 47lc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts