BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these Okumas? all the reviews i ve read have been great, also has anyone ever held or seen one i m trying to get n idea of size. right now i have a 975 lever n love it but tryin to look for a back up. but i want the same feel as far as size etc.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Does anyone have one of these Okumas? all the reviews i ve read have been great, also has anyone ever held or seen one i m trying to get n idea of size. right now i have a 975 lever n love it but tryin to look for a back up. but i want the same feel as far as size etc.
Consider serviceability down the road, both your Penn and the Avet will have parts down the road, I personally have burned through 5 Okuma conventionals, a Gemini, 2 cvl 20's and 2 gold pisces reels, my Epixors have performed well I have 2 ,5.0 reels one is a parts reel for the others and a 5.0 baitrunner.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you are worried about serviceability then Penn has to get the nod in our area. I just drop my reels off at the factory in Philly when they need service.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I like buying American when possible and ever since Avet dropped the SX and MX single speed to match the Atlas 200 you can't beat the Avets. We have 5 in various sizes and have nver had problem with any of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts