Discussion Starter · #1 ·

AlumiLite rigid aluminum body and rotor
1 E2BB: Extreme Element bearings
HPB: High Performance corrosion resistant bearings
DFD: Dual Force Drag system
Patented Elliptical Oscillation system
Heavy duty forged 1-touch aluminum handle
5 year Warranty

Anyone check this reel out yet? What really caught my eye was the 5 year warranty! I have a feeling the fishing reel industry just got a little more competitive.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Frank,

I've got that exact one. It is the second Okuma spinning reel I purchased. Both have treated me well and I have no complaints. Neither one has ever cost me a fish or additional money. This one, in particular, is very smooth and light and should be perfect for the kind of fishing you do. I think it casts better than either of my Shimano's or Daiwa's. Only thing, although trivial, is that I do have to clean it (oil & lube) a little more often than my Daiwa BG's. But that is a small sacrifice considering the price tag difference. Hope to see you around the bridges soon!

Ronbo

·
Registered
31,456 Posts
Decent reels. I haven't used one yet but will this summer. I don't think it compares to the Daiwa Advantage but it seems to be pretty good. The 5 year warranty is impressive for the US. No spinning reel made will last me that long

·
Registered
200 Posts
They're not in the same ballpark as those new VS (not even the same state I don't think) but I figured I'd mention that the Dick's by the Hamilton Mall has a rack of Okuma Stratus ST50s on sale at $39.95...Not sure exactly what the deal is, I assume they're a discontinued freshwater item, as I haven't been able to find much info on them and
they appear to be not exactly built for the salt. The one I bought a year ago and slapped on an 8'6" Ugly stick has worked like a champ with treatment bordering on criminal neglect. Last week I got two of them, for banging around bridge rocks, and slopping around sod banks...for the price I'm about to grab two more :D Figured if anyone had a use for cheap, un-high-end type spinning reel I'd give the heads up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Awseome...get you butt's to Dick's they are having a 50% off sale through today! I bought one a few weeks ago and it reminds me of 20 years ago when Daiwa first started....except better!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ha speaking of Daiwa...the other day I unearthed an ancient surf casting sized Daiwa spinning reel...I have three old 7500Cs in my posession and I guard'em like they're made of platinum...just some no joke strong pieces of older 70s equipment, all on equally old glass "eight'n bait" type rods. This one I found in the basement is older than those, works like new...I might spool it with some 20 lb Ande and use it on a severely stout boat rod...either than or mount it on a slab of cherry wood and hang it on the wall :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts