BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out yesterday, taking advantage of the weather before the refreeze, not that being on the water was that warm.
Started with bright sun (all day), air temp 38, water at 39 moving all the way up to 41 degrees (all over the lake) by the afternoon. The wind was coming out of the west at 10-15 (with cool gusts to ~20) and the water was super clear.
I was able to snag 2 bass, both ~1 1/2# and a pickerel ~2#.
Typically I'm more comfortable using plastics, but found myself throwing rapala minnows. Made the difference in a catching and not catching day.
Sometime change is good......

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I think im gonna fish senkos and dropshots tomm even though I hate fishing softbaits. Or breakout the new alabama rig and see if I get a bite, lol.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
That's normally what happens to me. I guess I just got lucky, it sure did feel good though.
No Luck BobH, you were forced to make a choice, go home with a skunk or change lures, You listened to what the fish were telling you, Good Job my friend:thumbsup:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Luck BobH, you were forced to make a choice, go home with a skunk or change lures, You listened to what the fish were telling you, Good Job my friend:thumbsup:
Thanks C., Just lucky to be able to think with the cold temp and the wind blowing through my ears....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts