BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
The ocean is a beautiful, awful place. Winds @15, seas to 3'...rogue wave(s) I'm guessing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mandy Ness Accident

The Mandy Ness was a 44' commerical fisherman ;she was hit by a freighter 10 miles off Barnegat Inlet.
The deceased person's name will be withheld until all family are notified.

This is a very sad day in our little town.
God Bless the family and people involved.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
The Mandy Ness was a 44' commerical fisherman ;she was hit by a freighter 10 miles off Barnegat Inlet.
The deceased person's name will be withheld until all family are notified.

This is a very sad day in our little town.
God Bless the family and people involved.
Prayers go out to the family.
Makes you wonder this day of age with all the electronic gear aboard this could happen.

But how many times have you run offshore and in that huge ocean your coarse has you beelining in the path of freighters, Tugs with Tow it's amazing. Day time clear sky no problem and some weather or night conditions odds go up. Maybe the Radar was crapped out.

I don't kno about you guys but I always try to pass large Freighters and especially Tugs across their Bow.
Once saw a Tug in Tow dragging a 1" or better tow line atleast a1/4 mile behind the barge. I really don't kno how far it actually went but for a thousand feet it looked like a string of Mold Craft Wide Ranges

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Frances Anne - is that the Barnegat boat from the "Life on the Line" swordfishing series??

Prayers to the family, friends, and fishing community.

RyanF

·
Registered
343 Posts
DonB, I always run behind them. Never gave much thought to them dragging line. I was always told "their moving faster then it looks" so I ran behind. Looks and sounds like they FV was hit. My thoughts are with the family.

·
Registered
924 Posts
this is a very sad thing to hear glad they are not both gone .I fished a party boat sun. 1-15 and we were passed by at anchor by a tug an barge and freighter that were way close for my liking .you stand very poor odds at temps this low

1 - 11 of 11 Posts