BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we just got back from our 9days at the house in the crest. What a gorgeous week it was. Just got finished washing the boat down thoroughly, boy that slime grows fast.

Of the 4 days I actually got out to fish it was a a so-so experiance. total 18 fluke, 5 keepers. I fished mainly by the rt.147 bridge. Also like to say the guys a Dad's Place we're great, only disappointment was couldn't go near the marina anytime near low tide. so I was basically restricted to hightides coming in or going out. But the price was right.

I would like to make this point though, as a new boat owner and a reletivly small craft (18ft) I felt alittle naive when it came to coutesy from other boaters, especially those in the 30ft+ catagory. On more then a few occasions while drifting slowly, these morons came ripping through the fisherman, and I might add a bit too close to me a a few others, creating some hairy moments for my kids and misses. One idiot in a crownline came *** close as about 10feet from my boat and another nearly capsizing the poor guys in the 14ft Lund. I don't think I'll ever do this again, it doesn't seem very safe and with %#$holes like that ruin it for the rest.

Ok, done with my rant for now.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
SKYACE NICE SIGNITURE.THERE ARE PLACES YOU CAN FISH WITH SOME PEACE.IF YOU DECIDE TO COME AGAIN ASK OR E-MAIL AND I'LL TELL YOU.ON THE WEEKEND ITS DANGERIOUS TO FISH IN THE ICW AFTER MID-MORNING.ESPECIALLY AROUND THE 18TH STREET CANAL CHANNELL CAUSE ITS SO NARROW.ALSO AS THEY SPEED UP AFTER SHAWCREST HEADING OUT THEY CAN BOUNCE YOU OFF THE SOD BANK AND HURT YOU OR YOUR BOAT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the compliment on the signature Jack, I do graphics for a living hehehe. And I know the feeling about shawcrest, I got bounced about there as well, I stayed away from the canal though. The one bright spot though, I thought it was kewl that little island in the inlet near Moreys, Volleyball nets and BBQ.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Glad to hear you caught fish. As for the boat traffic???? It's a busy weekend with operators with chips on shoulders to very nice boaters. You did pick a bad weekend to judge most boaters? I hope?.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
WMP--WHERE YOU BEEN ON VACA WITH DANDY??

SHYACE--SOME CALL IT BIKINI ISLAND OTHERS CALL IT CHAMPAGNE ISLAND--IT CAN GET VERY CROWDED.

[ 07-05-2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: BIGGESTJACK ]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WMP- Yea I realize it wasn't the best weekend to judge boaters, but it is still upsetting that people act like that.

Jack-BikiniIsland would be an appropriate name for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.