BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running an open boat tog trip this coming Tuesday. $75/person. Call 609-652-1633 or e-mail [email protected] if interested. Tackle and bait (green crabs) supplied, or bring your own. Leaving at 6:30 AM and returning mid-afternoon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Adam you must be sending me a sign!!! I was looking for an open boat right as you posted but tog are not my specialty! Any chances there are still sea bass at the hangs you'll be working? I had a great time with you on the last open spot I took a while ago when we hammered the sea bass...
You mentioned then that you might take a shot at stripers on the way in. Think there is a mixed bag available for those of us that don't eat the tog? They are fun to catch, but I like to fish for meat too. What does your crystal ball say?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My crystal ball says tog are very good to eat and very meaty. They will be the meat for the day. You may be able to catch a few sea bass, but not many. 8 3 pound tog will give you the amount of meat (and maybe more) you'd get off 25 one pound sea bass. If the tog continue to bite this week the way they have in the past couple of weeks, you should be able to catch them just fine.

As for the stripers, if the sky is black with birds (or we see a half dozen diving gannets which equals a black sky) between where we tog fish and the inlet, then we will stop. It's anyone's guess if they will be made up out front. I'm not going chasing them all over.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of Sunday evening, it looks like I'm all filled up for Tuesday. If anything changes, I will post accordingly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts