BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the place to start? Near shore wrecks still too cold?

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
No sense running over fish to find fish :rolleyes:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna give it a try if the wind isn't blowing 60-80 is what I'm hoping for thanks.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
with the water temps as low as they are id think offshore is the best bet.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I know my first trip out will be in the 70-90 ft depths. Not saying you cant pick a few more inshore, even a few in the bay around bridges..but if you want a solid trip I would look a little deeper

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
wherever the water is over 41 degrees.....120+ right now...with the surge over the weekend, not sure about the 1st....

Phil L

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many wrecks are that deep within 20 miles of cape may. I don't have a clue any numbers I have from last year are much closer and shallower. I'm kinda new to tog fishing in the ocean. I'd like to go prospect but looks like the opener won't be the day to do it.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
How many wrecks are that deep within 20 miles of cape may. I don't have a clue any numbers I have from last year are much closer and shallower. I'm kinda new to tog fishing in the ocean. I'd like to go prospect but looks like the opener won't be the day to do it.
The 20 fathom curve is approx 28 or so nm from the inlet....

This season is following last year's trend...cold water early....I suspect by mid month shallower will be producing...

Phil L

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I'm targeting 4/18 (I have off that day) either head boat or capt. Phil if I can scratch up 5 or 6 I'm not a good togger but I will try like hell. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've always drifted but this season I'm going to try a slow troll with chun bag tied off stern cleat. Over New Years in cabo all the pangas did a slow troll with horse ballyhoo and our boat as well as many other hooked juvenile makos, figured give it a shot for the big guys up north

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I've always drifted but this season I'm going to try a slow troll with chun bag tied off stern cleat. Over New Years in cabo all the pangas did a slow troll with horse ballyhoo and our boat as well as many other hooked juvenile makos, figured give it a shot for the big guys up north
That's an interesting tog strategy...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wednesday very tempting anyone headed out from cape may? I would be happy just to go for a ride with a small chance at a fish.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Wednesday very tempting anyone headed out from cape may? I would be happy just to go for a ride with a small chance at a fish.
I keep looking at Wednesday as a possibility for giving it a whirl. The boat is ready and I had planned on putting her in this weekend but the weather didn't cooperate. Was thinking about trying some wrecks at the cape may reef. Not sure if they will be there yet with water being so cold but it is warming and will keep warming over the next week...... hopefully....lol

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The temp is up to 45 in cape may. I wish I knew what it was 60ft down at the reef

1 - 20 of 21 Posts