BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to buy new plugs for my pair of 2002 200 hp Optimax motors I have been using NGK IZFR5G (cheapest I have found is around 12.25) which is what mercury calls for. Are there are other Iridium plugs by other manufactures that could be used maybe a bit less expensive? Thanks

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Have to buy new plugs for my pair of 2002 200 hp Optimax motors I have been using NGK IZFR5G (cheapest I have found is around 12.25) which is what mercury calls for. Are there are other Iridium plugs by other manufactures that could be used maybe a bit less expensive? Thanks

run those numbers through your local NAPA. might be a little cheaper

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
go to http://clubplug.net that's where I got them and they were the cheapest I could find.

Also, unless you plugs are actually worn or damaged there should be no need to replace them, the Iridium tip is the hardest out there and they last a long time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
honestly I have been replacing every 125 hours wether they need it or not I do alot of trolling and often times get a great deal of carbon buld up. also I dont have a trailer and its a bi**ch to change the # 6 plug so I figured do it while I am on the dry as part of spring start up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.