BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 53975 Went out for Giants to help a buddy sell some fish ended up wit this pig!!!Fought the fish for 2 hours before we stuck the gaffs in her.Ended up being 86in nose to fork est 300lb 265lbs at the fishhouse scale cleaned.:fighting:What an incredible fight!!!!Sore arms for 3 days worth every bit of pain!!!!

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Look at the bright side....it was already cooked before it got boated:D
That is one of the reasons why most of the fish that were sold out of that area this year didn't do well in Japan. Between hot fish and long line drop offs, the quota was filled with fish that brought little money. The few fish that came out of Morehead did much better at market. I would like to see the longline issue resolved. Why use up our quota for fish that are gonna bring a couple bucks a pound?

Thanks for suckering me into this mess, I was just getting over that whole bluefin thing. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I didnt care about the money i was just happy to get a chance to land one Where's yours jealous?went to go duck hunting and that sucked so helped a buddy make a few boat payments had a good time forgot that fishing wasnt fun anymore!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not pointed towards you Procast i just put up the pic cause i saw all the post about bluefin thought somebody would enjoy that fish kicked my *** but did get low fives after she hit the deck cause my hands werent goin any higher!!!!Goin down your way soon just waitin to here my B inlaws dates he has off to get his boat out meet for a beer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That pic was soon as it was gently laid on the deck and then put in a tuna bag with 200lb of ice I dont fish with people that dont know what there doing 2 payments for the capt 2 sore arms for me 1 picture 0 dollars besides beer i'm calling it even in my book:D

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Lipper, I wasn't disrespecting you on your fine catch. I was just commenting on the fight time as it relates to quality and ultimately dollars. There has been a rash of fish the last two years that have eaten up commercial giant quota with little to show for it. I feel a giant bluefin is a spectacular fish and deserves the utmost care if it is gonna be killed. There have been more than a few fish that have been sent to Japan and ended up not being bought at auction, or fetched just a few bucks a pound, and to me that is sad. Again, well done on your fish, but cut that fight time to 30 minutes or so, swim the fish for another 30 minutes, and the Captain will be able to make a couple more payments with the same fish. :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Lipper, I wasn't disrespecting you on your fine catch. I was just commenting on the fight time as it relates to quality and ultimately dollars. There has been a rash of fish the last two years that have eaten up commercial giant quota with little to show for it. I feel a giant bluefin is a spectacular fish and deserves the utmost care if it is gonna be killed. There have been more than a few fish that have been sent to Japan and ended up not being bought at auction, or fetched just a few bucks a pound, and to me that is sad. Again, well done on your fish, but cut that fight time to 30 minutes or so, swim the fish for another 30 minutes, and the Captain will be able to make a couple more payments with the same fish. :)
you can fight it as long as you want as long as you put a swim gaff in him and swin him for a while to cool him off before you bleed do you even know what a swim gaff is you dont know what these people do before they kill them

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
you can fight it as long as you want as long as you put a swim gaff in him and swin him for a while to cool him off before you bleed do you even know what a swim gaff is you dont know what these people do before they kill them
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Geeze !
All I was commenting on was the rash of fish that came out of that particular area that didn't fare too well at market, being from either poor handling, and or being dropped off from a longline buddy. I have a bit of experience with swim gaffs and such. I will try and keep my opinions on that fishery to myself from now on. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Capt if i could of got the fish close enough to do that we would have stuck that fish the first time we had a chance it was gaffed twice in the head.She paid for my buddy to hold on to the boat cause the bass werent there this year.I'm happy:D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Geeze !
All I was commenting on was the rash of fish that came out of that particular area that didn't fare too well at market, being from either poor handling, and or being dropped off from a longline buddy. I have a bit of experience with swim gaffs and such. I will try and keep my opinions on that fishery to myself from now on. :)
no sweat capt i just hate when a barrner posts a sick fish like that and it gets picked apart right from the getgo . have a great season procast :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts