BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i know about that unfortunatly.. we go down on family vacation every year and i still need to spend time fishing!!!! in 4 yrs i have caught i red drum fish:confused: . the tackle shops down there are not much help!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I fishing on the beach in Duck last year and caught pompano and bluefish. Used a small metal lure. You don't need to cast very far that time of the year to catch fish. 10-15 yards max. Try the sound with a kayak when you are there. Many reds and trout that time of the year to be had.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Check out reddrumtackle.com they'll help you out.

make sure you air down, real soft and at high tide you could possibly get cut off.

I suggest you drive the extra hour and fish the point. It's all part of the experience.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
jrisapirate said:
Check out reddrumtackle.com they'll help you out.

make sure you air down, real soft and at high tide you could possibly get cut off.

I suggest you drive the extra hour and fish the point. It's all part of the experience.
Isn't the point way more than an hour from Oregon inlet?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Naaaaaaaa

it's only about 30-40 miles.

might even be less than an hour. I use to make that drive all the time when I was going to school down there.

O.I. is less than 30 min south of Nags Head.

Make the drive, there is nothing like fishing the point in the summer.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The Point is 47 minutes from OI bridge barring any road blocks or lights to slow down travels. I don't fish that time of year as it is too hot for me. Sorry I can't be much help.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Right now the judge postponed his decision until April 12th,13th.I forget the exact date.They're trying to get the two parties to come to some kind of agreement.Go on NCBBA.net for more info.Thank Toyota for giving the Audobon Society 20 Million dollars to keep up the fight for at lease 5 years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Squareboy, if your staying up in Nags Head go over to Whalebone bait and tackle on the causeway, just west of intersection of 158 and 264, good info in there, you can also fish the sound behind the shop. As far as Oregon Inlet, as close to bridge as you can get(KEEP AN EYE ON THE TIDE)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts