BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Just my opinion, Zero G's are fantastic. I own an 8 wt Zero. It casts like a dream, light weight and will subdue much larger fish than you might think. A 9 wt Zero G, an Orvis DC 350, loaded on a decent reel. You'd be hard pressed to find a better combo. Just my opinion for anyone considering getting one.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
John, I know you have made lots of good comments about your 8wt Zero Gravity. Usually when somebody has a sale like that, they are coming out with something new. At least I have seen that

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Narragansett said:
John, I know you have made lots of good comments about your 8wt Zero Gravity. Usually when somebody has a sale like that, they are coming out with something new. At least I have seen that
The Zero G is here to stay... Orvis is just getting rid of all 2 peice models in there line.. The technology these days can get the same feel with a 4 peice than a 2, without the "hard spots" so there is no need for a 2 unless its personal prefence.. As you cna see the ZG Helio isn't avalible in a 2peice model..

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
That's the thing I don't like about Orvis. Every other year, they introduce us to 'the world's greatest flyrod'. Today, it's the Helios. Two years from now, the Helios will be in the bargain bin at half price, and the 'next world's greatest flyrod' will be on the front page. $755 is a lot of money for a rod. Way too much, if you ask me. It's just a rod.

·
Registered
931 Posts
the thing I like about Orvis is they seem to release 2 piece and then mark them down :D But I agree on the new releases, always being better, kind of like computers.

I got a 2 piece T3 for cheap that way, that ZeroG price is temping but I just bought a colton 6wt.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
jschmidt63 said:
the thing I like about Orvis is they seem to release 2 piece and then mark them down :D But I agree on the new releases, always being better, kind of like computers.

I got a 2 piece T3 for cheap that way, that ZeroG price is temping but I just bought a colton 6wt.
Need a 7wt?

$399 for 907-4 Zero Gravity (4 peice)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ever notice how that works? Just like the golf club manufacturers. Every year they come out with a new club, and tell you forget what I said about last year when I sold you a dozen magic wands, for $2000.00. Now I really have the answer, and they are a steal at 2400.00:rolleyes:

I bought an ABEL 3pc 9wt when they went to all 4 pc, at a good price from Abel, and they dumped their 3pc inventory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts