BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinkin about rentin a place with the back up against Ottens Harbor with boat dock on the back. I heard at low tide, the boat will be sitting in the mud...is this true? Any info on this area would be appreciated.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
WE MAY CALL YOU NEIGHBOR.WHICH SIDE OF THE HARBOR??GO AT LOW TIDE AND LOOK.AT BLOWOUT TIDES A LOT OF BOATS ARE IN MUD,THE BAD BLOWOUTS ARE NOT FREQUENT.WHAT KIND OF BOAT?IF IT IS CLOSE AT LOW TIDE ITS EASY TO FIX.NEVER USE TO BE A PROBLEM ANYWHERE IN THERE.AWAY FROM THE DOCK A FEW FEET STRAIGHT OUT IS FINE CAUSE OF THE BIGGER BOAT TRAFFIC.

25 OR 26' HARDTOP RIGHT THE COFFEE IS KICKING IN.

[ 02-28-2004, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: BIGGESTJACK ]

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Close to the fish and right around the corner from me and BIGGESTJACK. :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
WE MAY CALL YOU NEIGHBOR.WHICH SIDE OF THE HARBOR??GO AT LOW TIDE AND LOOK.AT BLOWOUT TIDES A LOT OF BOATS ARE IN MUD,THE BAD BLOWOUTS ARE NOT FREQUENT.WHAT KIND OF BOAT?IF IT IS CLOSE AT LOW TIDE ITS EASY TO FIX.NEVER USE TO BE A PROBLEM ANYWHERE IN THERE.AWAY FROM THE DOCK A FEW FEET STRAIGHT OUT IS FINE CAUSE OF THE BIGGER BOAT TRAFFIC.

25 OR 26' HARDTOP RIGHT THE COFFEE IS KICKING IN.
22 Footer. May go down tomorrow to see, but if you guys tell me it's only bad at very low tides I should be ok. It's on the north side ...West Montgomery(#512 I think).

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Hello neighbor !! If you are thinking about one of those new condos There is very little water and the docks are junk . I live right up the street I also go by in the boat almost everyday JUNK!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Fishpicker:
Hello neighbor !! If you are thinking about one of those new condos There is very little water and the docks are junk . I live right up the street I also go by in the boat almost everyday JUNK!!!
It may be one of those...this is the kind of info I was looking for...dock looks good in the photo..here is the property Ottens House any info is GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
If you stay on Ottens Harbor, you have to hang out at the Ship n' Shore.
I used to work on a boat out of Ottens called the Elizabeth C. II. There slip was deep as were all the commercial boat slips. However, some of the residential slips are high and dry sometimes. I am heading over there tommorrow, I'll get you some pictures and post them.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Barnaby I see that you worked on the LIZZY some sad sad news Last weekend the long time captain left us . His viewing was yesterday , Very tough lose for all He was a great guy . I know one young man who is gonna miss him dearly . He used to brake my stones everyday . He was always friendly . The world got robbed of another great one .

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Barnaby I see that you worked on the LIZZY some sad sad news Last weekend the long time captain left us . His viewing was yesterday , Very tough lose for all He was a great guy . I know one young man who is gonna miss him dearly . He used to brake my stones everyday . He was always friendly . The world got robbed of another great one .
Yeah, losing Capt. John was a tough one. I got to work with him for three summers when I was with Fish and Wildlife. I did get to go to the viewing and pay my last respects to a special person.

Check out my post in the Tackle Box with a great picture from a surf clam trip...
http://www.thebassbarn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=013455

[ 02-28-2004, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: barnaby ]

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
CAPT.BILL-IS GETTING THE BLUE RUNNER READY BUT HIS MATE MASTER MORTY IS MISSING.HE MUST BE LAYING PIPE ON THE RIG.

[ 02-28-2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: BIGGESTJACK ]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fishpicker and Barnaby,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend/coworker/captain. Hopefully now he will only have fair winds and following seas.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I live right across from those new condos.. There is no water at low tide...your boat will be in the mud.. I was down this weekend and those docks are pretty torn up. I think 3 or 4 of the ramps are in the water and some pilings floated. The builders there were not concerned about boaters. If you want to be on Otten's Harbor = that is not the spot......

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Diamond Lil:
I live right across from those new condos.. There is no water at low tide...your boat will be in the mud.. I was down this weekend and those docks are pretty torn up. I think 3 or 4 of the ramps are in the water and some pilings floated. The builders there were not concerned about boaters. If you want to be on Otten's Harbor = that is not the spot......
:( Bummer...back to the drawing board. Thanks big time D Lil. I was going to book it today.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nightstaker, good luck trying to find a slip around there.

Barbaby, shhhhhh, hush is the word on the Ship'N'Shore. It's been voted the "Best Dive Bar in Wildwood". My favorite watering hole, without a doubt Apr-Dec.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
I've been away for a few days So I was unable to keep up . The Burke ave side looks good except all the way down at the end near the wharf .

As far as the passing of Captain John that was a very very sad day . Another Ottens Harbor friendly face has passes away this week . Just about anybody that has ever gotten ice or gas from the CoOp at the end of the harbor would have to know him . He was a very hard working man that was always more then happy to help . Ray you will be sadly missed you were truly one of the best guys on the harbor . By Goodbuddie!!!!!

[ 03-04-2004, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Fishpicker ]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts