BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Sparse Grey were manning the booth on Friday. It was nice hanging out with you Ron. Darrin and Doyle hung out for a better part of the day. We had a slow day but it wasnt too bad..maybe a few potential members.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL...Sorry Bud! Fishnfool saved my AZZ and a lot of headaches. We used his truck to bring the tables and chairs and he helped me set up the booth. He hung out for a while so I wasnt lonely. My Jeep dosnt hold tables and chairs so this was a big help. I would also like to thank Dave Dewees for the tables and chairs as well as the EXCELLENT picture boards and brochures.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Hip Enjoyed the time spent. Going there again in a short. Ron

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Hip I was knocking on your door . But ya couldn't crank Fishpicker in . I spooled ya son . Orange hat . I might see ya at the OC meeting .

I must admit I did have a good time , I learned quite a bit . Next year I want to spend more time there . wondering aimlessly . eaten jerky !!!

[ 03-13-2004, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Fishpicker ]

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Was at the show today. It was good, it seemed pretty crowed. Another good group working the show. Frank, Steve Farrar and Brad Buzzie were putting on a tying show, which really attracted attention to our booth. I picked up some more expertise from watching our guys tie. Each of the three were tying different flys and they were getting great compliments from the onlookers They really did a first class job. We had lots of people stop by our booth and there were a number of guys seriously interested in SJCFA and we may have steered a few guys, who live in north jersey to the Atlantic Saltwater Flyrodders. Tom G, Dave Dewees and myself had a good time representing the club and giving out information.

The day went by fast and there was alot of interesting stuff to see. Sparse stopped by as did some barn members. It will be intersting to see who might show up at our monthly meeting on Tuesday.

Hope the guys tomorrow have a good crowd, cause we have another good crew on duty.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It was a good experience! Seeing the faces of the people looking a the flies Frank,Steve and Brad tied was great....it really piqued some interest in the club. There are at least 5 that I think will join us! Finally getting to meet Sparse Grey and his family was a pleasure. See you all on Tuesday. :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
thanks to Keith and Ron (aka Sparse Grey) who covered for me late friday afternoon, as I had some family issues that I had to deal with. it was also great to see Jack (aka Vietnumb) and I finally got to meet Kyle.

we had a couple of really interested folks stop by friday afternoon, so hopefully it will generate some more members. keith did a great job of generating interest in our table with all of the tying that he did. darrin and i, being ever the professional sales people, greeted everyone that walked by the booth.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Keith, all that I can say is GREAT JOB! and Thanks to you and all who helped you that day!
A very nice job and a huge Thank you to all of those involved! You would all be very proud to hear the great compliments I heard today from the rest of the fishing community about our booth, staff, and our presentation.
Sunday had Captain Joe Hughes, myself and Paul Hascek manning the booth. A bit slower than Saturday, but againg, many fly guys who live in Gloucester and Camden County were excited about out club!
Thanks again to those who did give their time.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Frank. I had a good time. Thanks to everyone for making the show a success.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Squid Welcome To the barn & I hope you enjoy your stay. Ron

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fishpicker, You should have said hi. I think I remember seeing you but not sure.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Bob,
Good to see you and your son again. Thanks for letting your boy help me out with the anchor demonstration. If I would have known how great he was, I would have tied him onto my 8wt outfit and showed how to fight a fish with the longrod ;) ! Just kiddin buddy! See you in a few weeks along our favorite bank.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Hip I asked you if you were from Vineland . And told you to have your meeting at the OC fishing Pier . Ya did try to sign me up for your gang witch was cool . If you ever need to learn how to mend I'm pretty good at it . start on three and end on three .

I'm going away for a few days ,Theres a giant school of man eating scup heading this way . I'm trying to do my duty and keep the waters free of them . So I'll talk to ya later

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Fishpicker:
Hip I asked you if you were from Vineland . And told you to have your meeting at the OC fishing Pier . Ya did try to sign me up for your gang witch was cool . If you ever need to learn how to mend I'm pretty good at it . start on three and end on three .

I'm going away for a few days ,Theres a giant school of man eating scup heading this way . I'm trying to do my duty and keep the waters free of them . So I'll talk to ya later
Yep, I remember you. You should have introduced yourself. We could have talked fishing a little more...Im always interested to hear about new techniques ;) Good Luck on the water this season.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts