BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at a new engine for my 16 foot carolina skiff... i have a 96' 25hp johnson on it now it runs fine just does not have enough power to it... if i have two decent size people on the boat it takes forever to get the boat on plane... im thinking about a 40hp because thats the highest hp capacity for a 16 ft skiff... i like the evinrude etec.... does anyone have any ideas for me? or have a skiff with a motor they like... and i also wanted to know about the jet drives are they good? thanks

robby jiac

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I know a marina with one of the smaller e-tecs on a small work boat (60 hp I believe). The motor starts instantly, and runs like a top, instant throttle response. It had a 40 hp mercury 4 stroke that just wouldn't run right (would stall out when you gave it gas).

It was another great motor from Barnacle Bills

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have a Carolins Skiff 16DLX with a 40 tiller on it. Boat flies and runs on fumes. Love it. Only negative is that with the additional weight the boat is no longer a self bailer. When I am in the slip I put two five gal. pales of water foward. This raises the scuppers about an inch above the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.