BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had an issue come up with my motor. its a johnson 25hp 2 stroke, i cant find any numbers on the motor so if you know a specific spot where i should look that would help, i think its a 1999.

had signs that the carb needed to be cleaned, it would die out at idle and given any throttle it would die. so i got that off and cleaned it up. now the boat goes full throttle... now the problem is after going full throttle for maybe 30sec-1 minute the motor dies out. i start playing with it and get back going then dies again... i noticed almost everytime it dies the ball primer is flat. so im thinking air is getting in. I have a filter between the gas tank and the motor. Im thinking about buying a new fuel line/ball primer and running it from gas tank straight to motor to see what happens....

Any help would be appreciated. I looked online and not finding much, so I made a thread to ask you guys.

Thank you

·
Registered
472 Posts
FYI the primer bulb, if it not replaced annually or atleast every two yrs is the issue. Ethanol eats them up & probably shot rubber pieces into ur carbs. Happened to me a few yrs ago, now I just replace the line with a bulb every year. Bet u that's the issue u r having. If u keep running it the carbs will clog again. Buy a new fuel
Line

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you have the grey moeller fuel line, get rid of them they are junk! The inner liner gets eaten away and blocks your flow.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought a new fuel line kit with bulb, I connected it from gas tank straight to engine then ran it in the river with no problems. so first problem was fixed by the carb, second problem fixed by the bulb. however I have a filter that hooks up between the gas tank and engine. now I'll hook up the new line and bulb to that and if i have a problem again i know for sure its something with the filter tube (filter has already been changed)

thank you guys for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts