BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rember our oil is on sale all year long. Our price has not changed in over 3 years and we plan on keeping it that way for this year.

Johnson XD30 (tcw3) $9.99 per gallon
Evinrude XD50 (ficht, di) $11.99 per gallon
Evinrude XD100 (etec) $28.99 per gallon

Mercury TCW3 $9.99 per gallon
Mercury Premium Plus $11.99 per gallon
Mercury Opti Max $14.99 per gallon

·
Registered
841 Posts
could you say xd50 is comparable to yamalube? I have twin 200 yammie saltwater series and went from yamalube to xd30 and wouldn't mind stepping up to the xd50.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The XD50 is much better then the XD30. For the extra $2.00 per gallon its worth it. Alot of people also state it cuts the smoke down some also.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Is it better to run xd50 in my yammies than the xd30 or is the best thing for yammies;yamalube. The reason I ask is I get smokin prices on omc products.Especially oil I get that for free.I'm know oil expert just want to make sure xd30 or xd50 is more than adequate for the job.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THe down fall of the OMC Ficht outboard was carbon build up. THe XD50 (ficht, di oil) solved the carbon problem. It is made for direct injected outboards.

I was always told with Direct Injected Outboards it does not matter who's DI oil you use. It could be the XD50 from BRP, the Optimax from Mercury or the Yamelube by yamaha.

YOu do not want to use the standard TCW 3 oil in these outboards.

Im no oil expert but thats what I have been told.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WIth the XD50 oil we do not need to add carbon guard to the fuel. I believe BRP's carbon guard is like Yamaha's ring free.

If your buying more then 20 gallons be sure to call ahead so we can have it ready for you.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I stocked up from you on the XD30 for my Johnson 175 (2003)last year. Should I step up to the the XD50 this year? Is there much advantage? Either way it's an awesome deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts