BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for information on Oregon Inlet NC. I will be headed there for a week in June and might take my 25' CC Mako to do some inshore/offshore fishing. I have heard that the inlet is rather dangerous to navigate?? I am also looking for any sugestions on fishing areas and what to expect.

· Registered
13,178 Posts
That inlet is something that you would have to study. plenty of good fishing right in the back. specks, reds fluke stripers, all kinds of stuff. if you decide not to take your boat...my friend on DOA, who fishes right out of OI does pretty good on the Cobia that time of year. Look him up if you decide to do that.

good luck

· Registered
3,766 Posts
We do the third week of June down in Hatteras, The Hatteras inlet is fun. Be sure to bring full Grudens. As for fish, tons of dolphin off shore The tuna are usually up north by then. Never tried the sound. Figure half the days are fishable. The wind can be brutal.

· Registered
187 Posts
been out of oregon inlet a few times! my buddy has a house in s. Nagshead!stop in the shop before you go out! its just tricky especially at low tide. but plenty of markers around to navigate your way. the sound itself is good for alot of smaller stuff. don't expect the flounder to be as big as up north here!we have plenty a bragging rights when it comes to size as far as i am concerned! but over all its great down there,surrounded by water!!!

· Registered
124 Posts
We took our 23'er down to hatteras last june. We had a great time and caught tons of Aj's, dolphin, small black fin tuna, sharks, see bass and a few other bottom fish. The inlets down there should be respected, it's a good idea to time your self with the incoming tides if you have a swell or wind. Here's some video of the aj's we caught.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVaI4Sr8qNM
and here are the sharks that liked to eat our aj's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlJiT2mIGo

· Registered
1,269 Posts
if i was going down i would go to hatteras village its a closer run to the stream and the run to the inlet is not bad, Hatteras Inlet reminds me of the old Barnegat Inlet or a present day Beach haven inlet check out Teach's Lair in Hatteras Village they are great people to deal with and have a boat ramp and a fuel station and a good tackle shop, if you need info on where to stay let me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.