BASS BARN banner

Over Under Adventures - Wahoo On Jig Anyone...

794 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  striperken 
#1 ·
Just got this in...gotta love it.

"Back at it again in San Salvador with better results. Although it wasnt great it has improved. Today we had 5 or 6 good bites boatind 2 wahoo and a dolphin. The highlight of the day was while deep dropping we dropped a jig down 50 feet on spinning gear. It didnt take long for the reel to start screaming . What could it be ? After a 20 minute fight we finally got color as the 56 lb wahoo was gaffed. Finally we catch them while deep dropping. Back at it tomorrow."

Tight Lines,

Capt. Joe

#4 ·
Over Under Adventures said:
Just got this in...gotta love it.

"Back at it again in San Salvador with better results. Although it wasnt great it has improved. Today we had 5 or 6 good bites boatind 2 wahoo and a dolphin. The highlight of the day was while deep dropping we dropped a jig down 50 feet on spinning gear. It didnt take long for the reel to start screaming . What could it be ? After a 20 minute fight we finally got color as the 56 lb wahoo was gaffed. Finally we catch them while deep dropping. Back at it tomorrow."

Tight Lines,

Capt. Joe
Hi Capt Joe,

Great report, i just got back from a jigging trip to Wilmington NC.

The jigging was insane huge groupers,AJ's,blackfin,yellowfin and the
highlite was my buddy's wahoo.

Arlen's 50lb wahoo on a drift tune jig

My 80lb AJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.