BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The answer I received from NJSP is NO. But you may not have to take the course.

Here is what you must do to get your NJ certificate.

1. make a copy of your PA certificate
2 copy of your photo ID plus another form of ID
3. send your name, address and a phone number to NJSP Marine Division.

Depending upon the date of the course and the organazation that gave the course, it may be acceptable for a certificate.

If you meet the age requirements to test out, take the test I think it will be easier.

Sat 7/15 I am having a test out test, a prep course for the test, and a class for the certificate starting at 1000am give me a call 609-923-6622 I have a few air seats left.

Captain John

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
If you are a transient...you have reciprocity...right out of the police boaters handbook...if your boat is registered in NJ...then you may need a NJ certificate...that's the way the State Police have told it to the school I teach for...the largest and one of the oldest in NJ.

It's a bit complicated ...best to review your particular case with someone in the know...

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I relayed to this board is what I was told by Officer Brown in Trenton reguarding NJ Safety Certrificate for boaters who have a Pa Safety Certificate or attended a Pa Boater Safety Course.

He also stated he is in the administration department and does nor know how the enforcement division is going to handle the situation.

What does the State of NJ consider a transient?

What comes to mind, is the way Deleware handled the different size limits on fluke.

I was told by an attorney who works for a stste senator, there is a bill being introduced in the state to require anyone 15 years old or younger to wear a floatation device while on a boat.

If I mislead anyone on this board I appogize.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
I left three messages with Officer Brown and he hasn't gotten back to me yet and that was Monday. I guess they aren't in to big a hurry to help out of staters. Like I said in another post I showed my certificate to a NJ Marine Police officer at the Atlantic City boat show and he assured me the certificate would be good in NJ also. Make you wonder if the right hand knows what the left hand is doing, or if the whole thing is just a money making scheme.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Passing the test would be easier and less painful than dealing with the State on this. I've heard stories from a few people about being hassled in regards to their out of state certifications.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
marjon said:
The answer I received from NJSP is NO. But you may not have to take the course.

Here is what you must do to get your NJ certificate.

1. make a copy of your PA certificate
2 copy of your photo ID plus another form of ID
3. send your name, address and a phone number to NJSP Marine Division.

Depending upon the date of the course and the organazation that gave the course, it may be acceptable for a certificate.

If you meet the age requirements to test out, take the test I think it will be easier.

Sat 7/15 I am having a test out test, a prep course for the test, and a class for the certificate starting at 1000am give me a call 609-923-6622 I have a few air seats left.

Captain John
4 years ago when I found out that they were thinking of do this I called the NJSP marine division and that's what they told me to do. I did all that and now have the NJ certificate. If you have a PA cert. then it's very easy to recieve the NJ cert. in this manner.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
So, is it legal to carry multiple licenses? You can't do that with driver's license. You're only allowed to have one.:cool:

Did you have to surrender the PA card?

·
Banned
964 Posts
It's nice to know the PRNJ hasn't changed its stance and still doesn't abide by the "equal protection under law" clause of the Constitution....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts