BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have on an older Lowrance x-17 that I have had for years and it still works perfectly; however I think I have created a problem that I need a little help with. A few years ago I installed a EP-60RFuel Flow sensor and tied it into my NEMA 2000 network and life was good. That fall I ran the gas down to exactly five gallons left and pumped that out as part of my winterization process. The following spring I added 5 gallons of gas and all was good, the amount in the tank matched the "fuel remaining" on the display. This year however I think I may have messed up. Last fall I had a bit over 20 gallons left in the tank at the end of the season that I pumped out.

Fast forward to this weekend. Friday I manually dumped in 10 gallons of gas from a couple of cans then I added another 10 gallons Saturday. The problem arose when after starting the engine, I wasn't thinking and added the 20 gallons to the tank in the display forgetting that it still showed 20.68 gallons. Now the display shows 40.68 gallons of gas when in fact there are only 20 gallons in the tank.

So after all of that, does anybody know how to reset the "fuel remaining" category in a X-17? I have tried everything that looked obvious, but so far no results. TIA!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the lead, somebody somewhere has had to have had the same problem. I know it's an older unit, but I just can't see replacing it for a new one that basically shows the same thing...although those color HDS units sure are purdy.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You will probably have to reset the whole unit then re-add the gallons back on. It will look something like this but I am not sure for your model. You will have to search for it. Not sure what happened with the copy and paste but first set of reset instructions is the soft and 2nd is the hard reset.

Soft Reset (Does not delete GPS Data)Hard Reset (Deletes stored GPS Data such as Waypoints and trails)
LCX 17M Reset 1. Turn unit OFF
1. Turn unit OFF
2. Press and hold the PAGES key
2. Press and hold the ZIN&ZOUT Keys at the same time
3. Press and hold the PWR key3. Press and hold the PWR key
4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears4. Release both buttons when the USA map appears

http://www.lowrance.cn/en/Support/Product-Support/Troubleshooting-Guide/Reset-Procedures/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts