BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my situation. Clark's Landing Marina painted my boat bottom in the spring. I believe they used Interlux Bottom Kote in black (their standard paint) instead of Interlux ACT in blue (which I ordered). They deny it. The only reason I even suspect this was because I took a good look after another boatowner at the marina pointed out that they had not painted where the blocks were placed. Is there any way to test which paint it is when they pull the boat to finish the painting?

They are also trying to tell me that the prop on the boat somehow has the exact same damage the prop had that was to be replaced when I bought the boat. The prop had a one inch deep cut on one blade and was bend to the side about a 1/2 inch....which seems to be damage that takes a good hit to happen. Am I right?

I am so pi**ed at these people.....I have had at least 6 problems with them. Is there any integrity in the boat business?

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
If its painted with ACT when you powerwash it the ground will turn the color of the paint. It will just bleed off with the pressure. Bottom Kote will not bleed off like this.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Seems to me that if you ordered Act in blue, you're hull should be blue. If not, they did not provide you the service you agreed to pay for. At the very least, they should provide you with the paint that you ordered so you can have it put on next year.

As for the prop issue, the odd's that it has the same exact damage as the one they were to replace are astronomical. The odd's that they are spoon feeding you BS are much better. I'd raise all hell with management on that one.

I used to spend a lot of time fishing out of Clark's in the early-mid 90's. IMO, the marina service went south at the same time as the restaurant went in and the boat sales department beefed up... Prices certainly went the other way though...

·
Banned
455 Posts
Yes, There is integrity in the boat business. However, just like in Your profession some have more than others. Talk to other boat owners and find a reliable yard or mechanic. Word of mouth, especially from other fisherman is the best reference for You to base You choice of Who will work on Your boat.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advise and info. JerseyJeff you are so right about Clark's Landing....lousy service...Great location but greater prices!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts