BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pair of Mercury 225hp OptiMax Outboards. Im not sure of the year of the pair. I would guess the year to be 2000.. I can post the model #'s if anyone wants them. Have a current engine history report on both outboards. Both engines have 690 hours. Once is counter rotation. Stainless steel props are include. Binnacle Control box, Control cables, Tachometers, Warning gauges, Key switches, Wire harnesses, and Teleflex steering cylinder and Tie bar is also included. Both engines run fine. Customer went up to a pair of Evinrude 250 Hp ETEC's. Get the package for only $10,000.00.. This is a steal. With gas prices going up you can replace your carb 2 stroke's and step up to a DI 2 stroke. (856) 785 9455

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not know how Mercury lables there modle years. I believe they are 2000. The tags read on the counter OT014881, 2000, 225CXLOP.. The standard read OT089975, 2000, 225XLOP..
I do know they are 25" shafts. As of now the customer does not want to break up the pair. I will double check with him.

·
Registered
969 Posts
can the counter rotating one be used as a single like i would use one then if any thing happened use the other

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it can. I can show you some boats in our yard that are runing this way. The only thing you should carry with you is a spare prop. If something happens to it you will have a hard time finding a counter rotation prop the same day.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are 100% Johnson and Evinrude. We do not service any other outboard at all other then pull them off the boat. We did have someone come in and pull the enigne reports out of each engine. You can feel free to have any Mercury tech come down and go over both engines before hand. The engines were running. The customer is looking to pick up speed and range this is the reason he went with new ETEC's.

[ 02-26-2006, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: barnaclebillsmarine ]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, that is my plan. I have 150's on my boat now. They are great, but I want DI's and since I would be making a change, I figure I may as well jump to 200's too. I wouldn't want to go to crazy though. My boat would be a rocket ship with those 225's on it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts