BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm past that stage but I was wondering what parents/students are doing

Had a discussion with my younger bro whose daughter is going to a md school.

Virtual learning but she will be in a college apartment dorm with significant restrictions of apartment access. No athletics No indoor public spaces.

·
Registered
24,387 Posts
Have one in law school that will be a mix of virtual and in person socially distanced classes. He will be tested about 1X a week. He lives off campus.

Youngest starts at Auburn on a swimming scholorship. Goes in a week, will be tested for antibodies upon arrival. He had a local scare last week and he tested negative. He has been told that there will be a swim season and he has qualified for Olympic trials in 2021. His classes will be in person with online back up. Hoping he gets a chance to chase his dream.

·
Registered
28,940 Posts
Have one in law school that will be a mix of virtual and in person socially distanced classes. He will be tested about 1X a week. He lives off campus.

Youngest starts at Auburn on a swimming scholorship. Goes in a week, will be tested for antibodies upon arrival. He had a local scare last week and he tested negative. He has been told that there will be a swim season and he has qualified for Olympic trials in 2021. His classes will be in person with online back up. Hoping he gets a chance to chase his dream.
W0W that is great .... what’s his race. ? In swimming?

·
Registered
24,387 Posts
W0W that is great .... what’s his race. ? In swimming?
Thank you, he is a hard working/disciplined athlete.

100/200 Breast and IM/Relay.

He got trials cuts in the 100/200.

According to my channel guide we should be able to watch his meets on TV.

Reactions: rfanow

·
Registered
18,818 Posts
My nephew is starting his senior year at Rowan.

By June he'll be handed a piece of paper that's even more worthless than before the virus.

Sad for these kids growing up in this derangement.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
My Daughter starts this fall as a Rutgers School of Nursing student........from her bedroom.
Just wrote the 1st tuition check.

·
Registered
9,865 Posts
I have two college age. My oldest is leaning towards taking the fall semester off. My other is set to start freshman year on the 24th and is determined to go. Quite frankly I wish both of them would skip it this fall.

My oldest got ripped off last semester as far as I'm concerned. The school ought to give him a significant refund as the school did not deliver the product or value as promised. His professors basically went on vacation a month and a half into the semester and mailed it in the rest of the year. Total joke.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
My Daughter starts this fall as a Rutgers School of Nursing student........from her bedroom.
My one son is starting sophmore year at Rutgers, Industrial Engineering, he has a few lab classes that are supposed to be in person, but has yet to hear from school. His twin brother is going ti U of Tampa, I'm driving down with him in a few weeks in his car, Tampa is going ahead with in person classes, but no fall sports or any other social activities, hes renting a townhouse with 2 other guys and cant wait to get back. He loves it there. My problem is flying back and having to fill out Quarantine forms, Iwiil not abide. I've worked this entire time, the hell if I'm staying home for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
24,387 Posts
Any discount? Nurse--grear career choice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31,029 Posts
Online was a train wreck last spring. My oldest is in Nursing school and said he'll never hire someone with an online degree.

Since he's in Nursing school he has to go or they said he'd have to restart the program. Labs will be at school.

My other two will be taking a semester/year off. It's not worth it for online BS. I'm not paying for that. Some teachers were good, other just flat out posted daily homework and were done for the day. Nobody heard from one teacher for over two months

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
My daughter is starting at Univ of Delaware on 9/1. Up until a couple of weeks ago she was going to be on campus and living in the dorms. She could not wait to head off to school and has zero concern about the virus (she has been working in a supermarket since the start of this). She realizes that some people will get sick from the virus and that is part of life. All of this has changed and now all classes will be online for the fall with very limited on campus housing which students can apply for. She has applied for the on campus housing. The entire situation has been a complete sh!t show. As of right now tuition is due on 9/1 and zero information on tuition amounts, other costs or confirmation of scholarships amounts are available on the university's website and will not be available until 8/10. What a F*UCKING JOKE.

I feel sorry for my daughter and all off the other students trying to head to college.

·
Registered
24,387 Posts
My other two will be taking a semester/year off. It's not worth it for online BS. I'm not paying for that. Some teachers were good, other just flat out posted daily homework and were done for the day. Nobody heard from one teacher for over two months
Lot of parents we know have said and are doing this ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My youngest daughter is in Grad School over in Philly. Her summer class was 100% Virtual. Her upcoming classes will be virtual but the rotating Lab classes will be on campus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts