BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got an opinion on party boats in the rips success in catching stripers, I see them packed on the weekends just wondering if they catch anything, I have always been skunked?

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Check out the Open Boat forum! Many of the charter boats that advertise here on the barn run OPEN BOAT trips...which means you'd have to call in advance to reserve your spot...but you'll only be on the boat will a max of 6 people. Most boats are about $85 a person!

And we all catch fish ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Trust me it is worth going out with Scotty, Skip or Adam. They work hard to put you on the fish. Short drifts across the rips are the key. They keep you right on the fish.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey Rookie,
Spend the few extra bucks and join an open boat like the Adam Bomb, Stalker, or Desilu. The experience is so much better that you will never go back to a party boat again. You will catch 5 times the fish with expert instruction and quality equipment fishing with the captains on one of these open boats. Their web page links are all over this board. Just read some of their fishing reports, like the Stalker for Sunday PM 11/20.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Yea - what NJ Joe said. Been on skip's boat many times and been on the A-bomb III also, both great captains and dudes.....they know their trade and are damn good at it.

Never been on the Desilu, but I see that dude out there and cleanin the catch when we get back, so i know he's catchin 'em too.....

Head boats are cool, but once you hook up with these guys it'll be tough to go back.

Don't think you can go wrong with these guys. - SJB

·
Registered
43 Posts
rookie, last year was my first year of boat ownership. I was certain that I could be successful catching stripers on my own. NOT TRUE. Had the skunk on each trip. My brother-in-law (Jetty Jim) convinced me to go on a charter with the "Adam Bomb" and within 4 hours we had 40 stripers. The education priceless....the action non-stop. If you read the reports that the open boat charters post,(with pics) you'll see there is no better deal.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Open boat charters are definitely the way to go. Check out the open boat forum on this website and after you book a trip...

Dont forget to take a camera with you! :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Stalker and The Bomb are definetley the way to go. Been out many times on both boats and it is by far the best way to go out and catch bass, Tog, Flounder, or whatever, it is a must do trip whatever the season may be. The local knowledge these Cappy's posses is amazing and it truly is a treat to fish with them.

·
Banned
2,974 Posts
I would highly recommend one of the open charter boats in the Cape May area, once you do the six man thing, party boats are nothing but a headache. I have only personal experiance on board the Stalker and it's been nothing but good fishing and a bunch of fun everytime. Capt. Jeremy and Capt. Skip both are top shelf at thier choosen vocation and will put you on the fish. This is not to take anything away from the Adam Bomb and the Deislu, etc. as they are well oiled fishing machines also. Give one of them a go, you'll like it a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.