BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit some new water the other day. Threw a 1/4oz redeye for 15 minutes with no bites. Switched to a 5" senko and got bit. I set the hook and it felt like a snag, then came some BIG head shakes. Then came a big drag pull. I always fish with a tight drag, usually takes a 3lb bass just to even make noise. When he ran I thought I hooked a carp. I gained some line, and another big run. Must be a carp... And then she jumped. She was hooked perfectly in the corner of her mouth. Weighed out at 6.5lbs 21-22". Could put my whole fist in her mouth. The pictures don't do this fish justice, was trying to get the whole fish in the picture so I had her right against my chest. Goes to show how much of a different a fish can look size wise depending on how you hold them. Fished down in Miami the next day for peacocks. Caught one small P and a couple hours later I got SMOKED. This fish was pissed off and trying to dig the entire fight. Heavy line and leader is crucial with peacock bass. Once again I had a peacock bass straighten the back trebles on a brand new SK redeye crank. Picture time!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I switched over to the owner hooks since I use them for my saltwater fishing and they are super strong. It's crazy that a 3 lb fish can bend them in 20 seconds, but I got 13 bass on a brand new SK cran with numerous 3-4.5lbers and theyand they didbt bend. It must be the amount of pressure I have to put on the peacocks to prevent them from digging into the rocks, bridges, and trees.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts