BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Oh Yea !!

We found swirling pods under the lights last night getting harrassed by the usual supects.. :D

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
There was a huge clooud of them at Russ Chatin Bridge Friday night.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I had mullet in my net behind NWW last night..the delaware bay is full of bunker...large ones...peanuts everywhere in the back..

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
have plenty. used em Sunday. Caught: 3 short fluke, 1 small weak, a bunch of sea bass, 1 trophy skate :D , and 2 nice fighting brown sharks 3.5-4 ft. (nice fighting on flounder gear ayway ;) )
So, in conclusion. Peanuts = good bait

God made plenty of em though cause they don't live long in a livewell :(

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Grabbe:
have plenty. used em Sunday. Caught: 3 short fluke, 1 small weak, a bunch of sea bass, 1 trophy skate :D , and 2 nice fighting brown sharks 3.5-4 ft. (nice fighting on flounder gear ayway ;) )

Were you keeping them alive, or just using "fresh" peanuts? I'm finding that fluking with them is hit or miss when they're dead. Sometimes I can't keep the fluke off my line, and other times they won't touch 'em but are hitting everyone else's live killies.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Originally posted by Brian E. Mullaney:
what size have they grown too??
the peanuts in the back are 4-5"...mullet are larger and fat...very lively..hard to keep in the bucket while throwing the net...the bunker in Delaware Bay are full grown adults...over 9" up to over a foot long, and really fat...my brother would kill for them as King Mackeral baits...eat ur heart out Jeff!!!...they're too big to throw my net on...I doubt I could get it back into the boat by myself, especially if it was full...used a weighted treble to snag up enough to fill up my freezer... :D :cool:

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Originally posted by cam:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike Grabbe:

Were you keeping them alive, or just using "fresh" peanuts? I'm finding that fluking with them is hit or miss when they're dead. Sometimes I can't keep the fluke off my line, and other times they won't touch 'em but are hitting everyone else's live killies. </font>[/QUOTE]kept them alive as long as we could, then would put on a fresh(live) one. They aren't the heartiest of live baits, that's for sure.

[ 08-30-2005, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Mike Grabbe ]

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Sitting here looking out the office window {Shelter Haven basin }watching pod after pod of peanuts spinning and splashing.Now if only that wind makes that shift to the NW.........I am ready for the fall.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I netted 15 gallons in under an hour last week.(chum for fall) 3-5gln buckets filled.
I was running out in my skiff last weekend with my son. We were putting along getting ready to run hard. Then the mullet started going bonkers. They were jumping everyplace, including into the boat. My son got baraged. I thru 30 in a bucket of water, then we went and crushed the weaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts