BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I turn to the barn for help. Whats everyones strategys for fishing live peanuts. Was around a bridge with the current goin through pretty quick. How can I make a natural presentation and keep it in the strike zone? Hooked through the lips?

In addition, if using dead peanuts for flukin should I stick em through the eyes?

Thanks fellas. I owe alot to the barn and Ive been learning a crapload trying some of the stuff out that I read here. Most appreciated, now if only I can catch more consistently.

RyanF

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Yes, It is sometimes tough to keep your bait in
the strike zone with a fast moving current.
Especially if you are live-lining without a
weight....
Try hooking you Peanut Bunker on a JigHead...
1/4,1/2oz or higher..
Experiment with a couple of different ways
hooking it thru the head,back or tail for the
best results...

Good Luck Out There...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Don't know about live lining, but I use em on fluke...I fish them on a plain gold fluke hook, and I usually hook them in through the lower lip/jaw and out through the nostril...Gives it a more natural presentation when drifting through the current...Sometimes I hook them through the tail, although this method tends to flare the peanut's gill covers out, especailly when fishing a faster current.....Mike

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
another .02 is to bobber em as to depth with weighted hook. Experiment, as previously mentioned. Watch your setups reaction/presentation to the currents where you can SEE the bait plane. Need more/less weight, different hook location, etc.? Peanuts tend to hug the surface for the most part IMHO. Fluke...you are talking bottom there, maby a floating jig head about 6 to 12" up. Good bobbers are worth the money. I prefer cork myself & somtimes paint them for more vis.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I prefer a single size 1 hook...3 foot fluro leader...swivel....bead...slip sinker...weight of sinker is dependenton the depth you like to fish.

The slip sinker allows the bait to run around a fair amount...give it a try.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas. I will try some on fluke this coming weekend and will also try some of the methods you mentioned above if I stumble upon some fish one night. I actually picked up some inline sinkers to try as well. So hopefully I can get into some action.

Thanks RyanF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.