BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished at penbryn wma lately? I get some nice crappie on my ultralight with my kayak there. Decent number of bass but always small. I figure there's got to be some bigger 1s in there. Some pickerel too.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Haven't fished it since pre Covid, but I've got the same results as you. Been fishin that lake for dozens of years and still haven't found where the or if there are any big fish in that dang lake! Always have fun fishing it, always catch fish, but haven't conquered anything of size.

I use ultralite because with that short of a rod I can get in and under most everything and any fish feels like a good fight.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 ultralight spinning setups but I just bought a bfs baitcasting reel from Amazon and a bfs rod from China. Its going to take a while for the rod to get here. Can't wait. I throw 1/16 oz. Jig heads with 2 inch grubs and panther Martin spinners.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I throw 1/6th oz. White Rooster Tails... Then give it a tug to get the blade spinning and start reeling and suddenly it's like the Fish become predatory and attack the heck outta this lure. Including bottom feeders. I've caught most every species of Fish with this lure... If there's a fish in range it'll hit that lure!

I've caught Largemouth, Smallmouth, Crappie, Sunny's, Bluegills, Catfish, Carp, Sucker's, Trout, Pickerel, Striper's...

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Has anyone fished at penbryn wma lately? I get some nice crappie on my ultralight with my kayak there. Decent number of bass but always small. I figure there's got to be some bigger 1s in there. Some pickerel too.
BBP, Big Pickeral , Bass, Crappie and Catfish make Penbryn (Stellas) their home. PM me dude, maybe I can make some suggestions as to cast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts