BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another pending pacific snook record caught March 14 by Betsy Bullard!
The snook weighed in at 37.7 pounds and was caught on 12 pound test. 3 pending snook records came from Golfito region (Costa Rica) this season. WOW!

Our crew fished for snook one day this week only managed 4 fish but the biggest was 30lbs. With the smallest in the upper teens.

Congrats. to Betsy and crew!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
that's nice work, a 3-to-1 ratio on a fish with big shoulders.:)

If only FWC would get its head out of its *** they'd implement some kind of trophy tag system for snook similar to NJ's striper tag program. Then we'd see the next all-tackle world record atlantic snook coming out of Jupiter Inlet or further up in the Loxahatchee River. See the IGFA record book for an illuistration on what I'm talking about. Every week there is some kind of potential line-class record snook caught in Jupiter that has to be released.

They could do the same program for Jewfish and a few other Fla fishes.

Catch-All

·
Registered
469 Posts
i was down there this winter and tried getting some snook from zancudo beach one day, and a few spots around golfito with no luck. I saw some at night under the lights by the main pier. Do you guys liveline blue runners for them? I saw a bunch of kids catching them with sabikis over by puerto jiminez

·
Registered
436 Posts
Snook fishing is awesome, definitely my favorite inshore species, I grew up fishing for largemouth and the style of fishing is similar, snook fishing is a bass fishermans dream, I've got to go down there, nice job

1 - 4 of 4 Posts