BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my penn 965 reels is wobbling on the seat. After i took it off the rod and removed all the line I found that the stainless seat riveted to the frame is the part that is loose. Basically, the rivets are loose. I was going to send it back to penn or order the part. However, after calling the parts department the piece I would need is in the neighborhood of $150. Any ideas how i can fix this?

·
Registered
309 Posts
965 reel

Good morning.....If you could forward the reel to Penn Reel Mfg. we would cover that repair under a full no cost warranty for you. Just refer in a note that I had replied to your question via The Bass Barn.Any questions,please feel free to contact me.

Take care.......Tom

Thomas Blecker/Service Department
Penn Reel Mfg.
(215) 779-4039
[email protected]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Talk to Tom Blecker he has been more than helpful in offering me a replacement reel for my Captiva that stripped out at no cost to me.
I can't say enough about Tom's help and concerns to satisfy the customer.:thumbsup:

Thanks againTom.

John

·
Registered
431 Posts
Good morning.....If you could forward the reel to Penn Reel Mfg. we would cover that repair under a full no cost warranty for you. Just refer in a note that I had replied to your question via The Bass Barn.Any questions,please feel free to contact me.

Take care.......Tom

Penn Reel Mfg.
(215) 779-4039
[email protected]
That is the reason I only have Penn reels... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Take care.......Tom

Penn Reel Mfg.
(215) 779-4039
[email protected]
Tom not to hijack the post-but I was wondering can you still bring the reels directly to the shop? My question-I have 3 older senators I need them checked out and made ready for the coming season-and a 965 with some issues with the leverwind-and a 975 just a cleaning and greasing? Thanks....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I got a 975 level wind last year for Christmas, being a gift I had no receipt for it. After only using this reel a few times during last summer it developed a horrible screeching sound when cast, and the level wind would go out of alignment with the line on the spool.
Sent the reel back to Penn's service Dept with an brief explanation, and a note that it was a Christmas gift and therefore I had no receipt, that didn't matter, it was repaired and sent back to me at no cost......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I got a 975 level wind last year for Christmas, being a gift I had no receipt for it. After only using this reel a few times during last summer it developed a horrible screeching sound when cast, and the level wind would go out of alignment with the line on the spool.
Sent the reel back to Penn's service Dept with an brief explanation, and a note that it was a Christmas gift and therefore I had no receipt, that didn't matter, it was repaired and sent back to me at no cost......:thumbsup:
Tony did they ever tell you what was the cause of the screech when casting was from?...:huh:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good afternoon

Tom not to hijack the post-but I was wondering can you still bring the reels directly to the shop? My question-I have 3 older senators I need them checked out and made ready for the coming season-and a 965 with some issues with the leverwind-and a 975 just a cleaning and greasing? Thanks....:thumbsup:

Hello.....sorry about the late reply.Been busy the last few days....We set up at the Canyon Runner seminar yesterday and had a great time. Met a lot of nice guys,showed some new products and helped them with questions on service,parts and reels....Thanks Adam and the crew for all your help!!....To answer your question about the repairs,no problem at all.You can drop them off or send them directly to the plant by mail.I take notice that one of your areas is Harbor View.....I have a house in West Cape May.If you'd like we could meet up down there and I'd take the reels into the plant for you.Either way,we'll take care of the reels for you. Any questions,don't hesitate to contact me.

Take care.....Tom

Penn Reel Mfg.
(215) 779-4039
[email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.