BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get my kid into Tuna Jigging and do not want to spend a months salary on it. I am looking at getting a Penn Battle 7000 with a Penn carnage Blue water Jigging rod.
The reel Ratings are 400 yards of Braid 25lbs of drag and a 13:1 ratio and 37 inches of line retive for every crank.

The rod is rated 80 to 130 lbs upto 10 oz lure and is parabolic (bends through the fore grip)

Does anyone have any reviews on either of these. If so I would love to hear about them

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Penn. torque rod and battle reel

Looking to get my kid into Tuna Jigging and do not want to spend a months salary on it. I am looking at getting a Penn Battle 7000 with a Penn carnage Blue water Jigging rod.
The reel Ratings are 400 yards of Braid 25lbs of drag and a 13:1 ratio and 37 inches of line retive for every crank.

The rod is rated 80 to 130 lbs upto 10 oz lure and is parabolic (bends through the fore grip)

Does anyone have any reviews on either of these. If so I would love to hear about them
We used the above on a bluefin trip I really liked the battle reel. I hooked and fought 3 tuna to the boat with that setup. I was in Dicks sporting goods the other day and held the reel in my hands just to hold it.I like the reel I don't anything about the rod

·
Registered
9,224 Posts

As you could see by my posts yesterday I love the Battle reels for the money. I can afford a Stella but I got better things to spend my money on. The Torque rods are solid but I dont like the triangle shape of the front pad. After a couple amberjacks and nurse sharks I used a dremel to grind slots in the triangle that match my fingers. My hand is now closer to the shaft and the rod does not roll over in my front hand. My favorite jigging rod is the bwsjl220060 Ugly stick tiger lite. Its a 6 foot spinner rated for 80 to 130pound braid. About $80.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.