BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have penn international 965 and jus recently had peen put a power handle on it. My question is: wht r the benefits of using a power Handle on this reel? I got it cause it jus looks cool. But I also thought it would take a Lil
Stress off my wrist when landing fish and reeling in lures over and over. Does anyone know the pros and cons of power handles?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Don't you have too many projects going on to start buying things cause they look cool?? I mean damn, everything a hook or a fish logo on it looks cool to me

RyanF

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Leaverage,....
Thats pretty much the answer. Aside from looking tougher. :D

In some cases, in results in a more comfortable fit. Some people complain the smaller handles cause "knuckle busting". I always liked the longer handles myself, but ....many people like the smaller ones. It all depends. We sell power handles that fit just about every reel out there, some like it, some dont. You should notice a little more comfort with it. Good Luck.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea Ryan u deff right I still need to get my rod redone but the beach buggy is coming along. my guy at penn reels didn't charge me for the handle I been going there every year before spring for 5 years they look out for me down there. Going to fisnish the prep work on my small boat this weekend it will be ready for the river come the first of march. And my striper skeleton mount is almost completely bare so all my projects r coming along. I been using the last 3 weekends wisely. Gear and tackle is looking like new again I'm almost ready to go bro. I'm hitting the beach tonight to run checks on the reels we r almost ready to start back up. Seems like only a couple weeks ago I was at it strong still. Oh wait it was only a few weeks. Let the fun begin again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts