BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ive been using a 560 I purchased a month ago, cost me $139. A lot more then an Okuma. But I have always liked Penn. Put it on an ugly stick intercoastal and am very happy with it.

I think the 560 is in short supply. Found this link this morning if new isn't important. I have nothing to do with this person. I just came acrossed the link.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/spo/186273167.html

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I have three Slammers. They are great for kids and the beach. These reels can take being dunked in the wash. When I broke them down last year, there was little sand inside, a few grains maybe.

You can get one reel that will feel right and work well on many different rods- plugging, bucktailing, dead stick.

And they don't have that little piece of gold plastic on the back that gets all scratched up the first time you use it. You don't have to baby them.;)

·
Registered
31,420 Posts
They're decent spinning reels for a Penn. Never been a fan of their spinning reels. Very hard to find right now as production is supposed to be moving to China. I'd let someone else deal with the first run bugs on the new ones.

For same money a Daiwa TDA is a far superior reel.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I have a 360 sLAMMER and I love it. It is built like a tank AND i LIKE THE DRAG SYSTEM. I also have three TDA's.

Like Bob said the TDA are superior - and I agree overall, but I dont like them for surf plugging - plastic parts are not meant for rocks.

I use the Daiwas for boat and the Slammer & Van Stall for the surf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts