BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yesterday I decided to spool up my reel with 500yds of 80lb power pro braid and a 100yd 80lb mono top shot thats worked out mathmaetically with the reel specs holding 900yds of 80lb spectra with the line diameter of .017 for 80lb braid and .035 for 80lb mono. double checked my calculations with other line calculators and still came up with the same numbers with in a couple yards. I was only able to get 500yrds of 80lb spectra on that reel topped off. I wonder if they calculated their specs on that thinner diameter line like berkley fireline which is 0.28 mm or .010" just seems something is wrong Btw it was spooled tight with about 10lbs of pressure.Just wondered if anyone else ran across this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to use it for light trolling and some chunking for yellowfin tuna. Not looking to go after large bluefin or big eyes. This reel is paired with a 30/60 calstar stand up. Nice and light. For me I think that 500yds of 80lb power pro is plenty for my fishing purposes. But I just can't figure how they got there calculations of 900yds of 80 pound braid thats a 400yd differrence from what I got on the reel. Power pro states that there 80lb braid is 0.43mm or 0.017". the problem is that power pro is larger in diameter than they are saying. thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts