BASS BARN banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Penn Torque 300 lever drag in mint condition loaded with fresh braid, It doesn't look like the reel was ever used, or even on a rod. I got this in a load of Fishing gear I bought. what are these reels ideal for? I have plenty of trolling reels from 16-50's all 2-speed lever drags, so I was wondering if I should hang on to it or sell it. I would think it would be a great sharking reel as well as chunking reel, but is it that much better then the Penn and Avets I already have. There is also a Shimano Tallica 16 2-speed used but clean another reel I like even more then the torque, I have two brand new Canyon 16VSX with brand new 65lb braid and mono topshots these are NIB so I'm thinking of selling them and keeping the Torque 300 and the Tallica 16 since I can sell the Canyons NIB with new Braid they'll probably bring more then the reels I have to sell as used even though they're in Exc. condition.Sell the Canyons or the Torque and Tallica? I knew when I bought all the rods and reels I'd want to keep more then I should, I try and sell one of my existing rods or reels whenever I keep something out of the gear we buy to resell, if I keep anything I sell a similar piece I'm upgradeing from. It doesn't always work out evenly, since my personal fishing equipment keeps growing. The prices used high end rods and reels are selling for these days compared to what they cost brand new are lower then ever so I really have to consider that more when buying gear for resale. $600. reels in exc, condition are only bringing about 60% of their original price at best, Rods we're around 50%. 5 or 6 yrs ago we'd get 75% of the retail price when reselling reels in exc. condition times are definetly getting tougher. I had a Stella 20,000SW spooled with OTI Depthmarked briad with a Jig Master Power Spell rod and I don't think either piece was ever used they're that clean, retail for the reel,braid,and rod was between $1500-$1600.'s I sold the whole outfit for $1,000.'s and considered myself lucky.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The Penn Torque 300 is a great reel. Very very strong. It's a very good jigging reel. Not really set up for trolling. I've caught Bluefin up to 200lbs on it, without any problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts