BASS BARN banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
If you are going don't use your EZpass. Pay cash then they can not track you
That puts you in front of a person.
I don't know how they would check every car that goes through ezpass but good suggestion

·
Administrator
6,990 Posts
Just saw PA's lieutenant governor interviewed on TV,

let's just say hopefully Wolfe don't go down, looks like it could get worse.

·
Registered
16,127 Posts
Don't leave the nest much huh, it's all ez pass since the pandemic whether you have it or not. They scan your license plate and bill you. I been going every week or so for the past 2 months haven't gotten tested yet and don't plan to.....

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That puts you in front of a person.
I don't know how they would check every car that goes through ezpass but good suggestion
this is in case you get stopped for something else, like speeding or maybe breakdown on the highway and you are asked about the testing. Then it would be very easy for a cop to verify your story by checking your expass records

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
Don't leave the nest much huh, it's all ez pass since the pandemic whether you have it or not. They scan your license plate and bill you. I been going every week or so for the past 2 months haven't gotten tested yet and don't plan to.....
I leave enough for my purposes. I just use the ez booths that are set up. I wasn't aware that an officer couldn't be in the cash booth checking.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
We went behind the iron curtain 4pm yesterday. No one has asked us for our papers yet.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I thought the leftist want to defund the police. It seems to me that they better do some quick hires to enforce this. Perhaps all the leftists will be hired to enforce the rules on those that are on the right.

This cannot be actively enforced without collapsing the economy, as the process would stop commerce, and create further tensions that could result in outright conflict.

Let's play a hypothetical scenario. A driver gets stopped at a state border by some government authority, and the driver is asked to produce some type of proof of test. Regardless of where you are actually going, you tell the person that you are going through the state to some destination beyond. Now what? Does the driver allowed to go on their way, or does the authority risk unlawful detention thus depriving me of my Constitution Rights? Sounds like a big potential pay day. Does the authority then conduct an extensive investigation as to what you actually do, of course not. Is the driver allowed to change their mind as to destination, and be held to that? How?

Let's continue, I am going through a state with a ban. I go to a destination in that state, and I get questioned at a location within that state, let's say it happens to be a relative's house and whatever imaginary authority knocks on the door and asks whose vehicle is in the driveway. Obviously they know who owns the vehicle, so you explain that you decided to move there from your out-of-state address months ago, around the time you last visited, so you came to take care of their infant, as both parents had to work. Thank you, have a nice day, as I need to change the babies diaper.

This mechanism would collapse under it's own weight, and the enforcement would be virtually impossible.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
Left the nest today to check on the Jersey house. approached the Barry at about 7 pm used the E-ZPass lane but noticed that the three cash lanes had cars lined up. I thought there were no manning of the toll booths. I glanced over and noted someone in a booth. What could have been up?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts