BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ron and I headed up North this morning out of Shark River inlet. We broke the inlet at about 6:00 am and found calm conditions and clean 67 degree water. There was a slight breeze out of the west which left the Ocean front FLAT. We headed North out of the inlet and found very little bunker. We tried the jetties that produced last week with no Success. We kept heading North all the way up to The rocks and still no bunker or bass. Then we heard there were large schools of bunker and a bass bite south of the inlet so we high talied down the coast about 50 MPH. As we arrive we found bunker right away and proceeded to load up the live well. We drifted the pods and fished the jetties with NO success. We basically missed the bite. We zagged when we should zigged I guess. So with a loaded tank of bunker we headed all the way back up North of the inlet to my favorite jettie and stucture but there were NO takers this time around. We put 40 miles on the boat, drifted large pods of bunker, challenged the jetties up close. Bounced our baits of the submerged rocks. Drifted the inlet and came up empty for the day. :( Sorry boss that couldn't put you on the fish but there's always next time.

[ 06-21-2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: RodFather ]

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Skip see my report from yesterday.

Dead whole Bunker was the ticket & Heads. Out of the 25 + Bass we boated only 1 Bass took a live.

My 13 year old son had a 29 lb Bass & a 35 lb Bass.He used the MX Avet lever drag.My son & the reel won ! Skip the bite is still very good.I am going again on Sat.I can't get enough ! I would post pics but I cannot figure how to do it.I can catch fish but the computer is not my thing.Picture's were posted on the other site. Check them out you will see how much taller my son is but the Bass he caught were almost bigger then him.

See you in the Fall

Art

[ 06-21-2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The bite is still good hope it lasts a bit longer but it's been a bit north of where you guys were fishing.Like I said I cannot get enough of the action.I will keep you guys posted.I plan on fishing Cape May just after our fall run up here.Last fall the Bass fishing was no where near the year before.Don't get me wrong we caught Bass drifting eels.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Here are some of the pictures from our trip on Father's Day.All the Big Bass were released to fight another day.

[ 06-22-2004, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by RodFather:
:( Sorry boss that couldn't put you on the fish but there's always next time.
No need ta be sorry my friend! Your plan was a solid one we just weren't in the right place at the right time.

It's only right that the fish God's toss in a Skunk or two from time ta time ta make things more challenging

The way I see it after this trip we'll be better prepared for our next outing (hint hint)

BTW, This is an understatment~
challenged the jetties up close
:D

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Originally posted by The real Clamman:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ron Redington:
Clamman, congratulations to you and your son! Those are some nice fish for sure.
Thanks Ron,Rodfather,Mako </font>[/QUOTE]I guess the Clammman and Rebait are now getting Cannolli's and Pizza's delivered for their info.
It's nice to have the Barners feed info to the bosses so they can look good all the time. I wish I was a Bro Brother, how did you get in Mulgoon??? :D

Yo Mulgoon don't post that picture of Capt Timmay's lookalike Mullaney will start toi stalk him now. :eek: He likes the skinny bass holding men. When he gets older he will switch to the Italionz, I have seen it in the past. :D

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
I would have at first thought a free years subscription to the Barn but I think thee guys are smarter than that. :D

Imagine how much advertising Capt Timmay would get if tuner were in the Pond. :eek: :D

Mulgoon I think you may be on your way off the Team if one of the Brothers buys a bigger vessel.
I forsee a new "Partnership" in the future after tangling with a real fish the other day. :D and you will be out I think the new Bro Brother will be somebody with an I on the end of their name or maybe a stien to help pay for fuel. :D You will be the sub for the second days or overnighters so pinkie don't empty his stomach too much. :D

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by THECHUMSTAIN:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The real Clamman:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ron Redington:
Clamman, congratulations to you and your son! Those are some nice fish for sure.
Thanks Ron,Rodfather,Mako </font>[/QUOTE]I guess the Clammman and Rebait are now getting Cannolli's and Pizza's delivered for their info.
It's nice to have the Barners feed info to the bosses so they can look good all the time. I wish I was a Bro Brother, how did you get in Mulgoon??? :D

Yo Mulgoon don't post that picture of Capt Timmay's lookalike Mullaney will start toi stalk him now. :eek: He likes the skinny bass holding men. When he gets older he will switch to the Italionz, I have seen it in the past. :D
</font>[/QUOTE]Capt John if you need info let me know.I hear some good things about you and I am quite happy your a Pro Staffer for AVET REELS !

[ 06-22-2004, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Real thanks but info from the north isn't good for me and I wouldn't waste your time getting it but thank you for the offer I just like breakin the bosses ballbearings. I am jealous that you still have them stripers and we don't. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I just hope the run keeps going.Otherwise I have to wait until the fall to tackle some more.I could always try my luck at Fluking.I had some Doormats last summer that pulled drag on My MX Avet.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.