BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently came into some free time. Have an itch to do some fishing, I want to give Perch a try. Any tips would be huge.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
where ya pla on fishin? n first welcome to barn,. good place to start is find some marinas/bait stores open near u. they will normaly give u a point in rite direction.you did mean white perch? frsh water outfit works fine. baits would b bloodworm,clam n small minnows. grass shrimp is a favorite also. trick is finding them. if u usualy catch one more should follow in same area. .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Grtwht, I am basicly looking on the mullica. The boat is laid up so I was look for bank/bridge any where in that area. So I guess that would be my first question, are the perch catchable in those areas? Does tide matter? How about artificials?
thanks again for the advice!

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Thanks Grtwht, I am basicly looking on the mullica. The boat is laid up so I was look for bank/bridge any where in that area. So I guess that would be my first question, are the perch catchable in those areas? Does tide matter? How about artificials?
thanks again for the advice!

ANY answers on this ? Thinking the same thing, is bank fishing worth it in these areas this time of year ? I live close by.... would it be worth a few hours fishing just to wet a line.

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
well i just took ride to chestnut kneck and road that led to bridge under parkway was gated closed ..booo. also there was a way to collins cove that i cant seem to find anymore due to construction.someone who lives there may have better response.i know there holed up in deep water but depth can b any. i did see a guy launch at chestnut today but weather people suck. it rained most of morning up that way so i dont know where the guy went.im squirmin to get out myself.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
well i just took ride to chestnut kneck and road that led to bridge under parkway was gated closed ..booo. also there was a way to collins cove that i cant seem to find anymore due to construction.someone who lives there may have better response.i know there holed up in deep water but depth can b any. i did see a guy launch at chestnut today but weather people suck. it rained most of morning up that way so i dont know where the guy went.im squirmin to get out myself.
thats been off limits since the construction started over a year agot they gated that off, As for the the cove, are you talking about the Port Republic wildlife management area dirt road access west side of the parkway,is the gate closed there to,,They are also going to close exit 48 south bound for construction ,,PITA will hurt my business my store is on rt 9 ,,,,I live a few miles from there will check it out,,

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

1 - 7 of 7 Posts