BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm beginning to get tired of catching just pickerel in the winter and wanted to get a little more into perch fishing in brackish rivers in South Jersey. Question is, in winter, what artificial baits will work? Will they chase a slowly retrieved inline spinner or small crankbait? I was also thinking about trying 2" gulp shrimp on a small jighead so they sink slowly. I'm not talking about through the ice at CC, I was thinking of fishing the banks and bulkheads of other areas.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've only perch fished later in Spring with grass shrimp up in the creeks from a boat. Anchor up on a bend and fish the deeper water with a couple of split-shots and see what happens. If you find them they'll keep you busy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Try a small jighead with a 1-2 inch power grub about 5' down on a weighted bobber. Once you find em, stay in that spot for a while. I went out today with a couple buddies and killed em. We got over 150 fish in 2 and a half hours. 95% were perch.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I was talking about mostly white perch but I know that there's yellow too in the areas I want to fish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.