BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been a lot of talk about the fishbites bloodworm bait alternative. Frankly I was pretty skeptical - knowing that many tackle shops aren't stocking bloods because of the lack of quality control and high prices these days. I felt maybe they were pushing the fishbites a little more agressively because of this.

Well, I fished for only about 45 minutes this morning and caught 6 or 7 kings and probably missed as many. So I am convinced these baits do work. I couldn't even get bloods in OC, so there was no way for me to test one against the other. However the fact I caught proves they work.

Also, the surf is just alive with Rays and a variety of baitfish right now. There were thousands of fingerling (an inch or two) Kingfish right in the wash, and schools of Rays constantly passing by. Also, alot of other bait as well. Water is clean and warm.

Unfortunately I plugged the beach around dawn yesterday with no luck. :( Otherwise it's been a slow pick of small bass and weakfish at night - various tides.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Thanks For That Report Andy,,,

Yes,it does seem that these new artificial
BAITS are the real deal. Between the FishBites
and Berkley Gulps who needs to Live Bait these
days...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
LongDrive, Save those Kingie heads and try chunkin them at night. You may be surprised!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Thanks for the report. I've been using small bits of clam this season for Kings and they work great. Don't know why I've been spending all that money on bloods for the last 20 years.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I agree, the bloodworm scented fishbites do work very well. They are not perishable like the bloodworms, can be sliced in half and still work great, last onthe hook and catch many fish before needing replacement. And can go right in the pocket without worry of them getting cooked by the heat. I'm done with worms!

I've never seen so many rays as this year. Schools of them swimming past me ever five minutes while boogie boarding. There were even 40 to 60 pounders in the tidal pond at low tide, stuck there until the next high tide. It is truely impressive this year. There are also huge schools of 4 to 6 inch bluefish in the surf. Can't wait for Sept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.