BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sorry for this but just can not help myself I am stuck in the house can't fish can't hunt and all I can do is drive around and see garbage on exit ramps, entrance ramps, along major roads and forest roads around our state. I walk my dog in local forest and after a nice weekend there is so much garbage along the trails then after a couple days or a week later or a month I see state picking it up in some areas where they go what a waste of tax money. Sorry just had to put this out there hope someone will think twice before dumping in our garden state

·
Registered
15,264 Posts
Who says you can't go fishing? :D

Carry a trash bag on your walks, I live right next to a state park here in PA and it doesn't seem to be that big of a problem here. It must be all the progressives in NJ.

·
Registered
684 Posts
guilty

While I would never knowingly litter (I even made a girlfriend turn around to pick up a can she chucked out the car window) I have been guilty of putting garbage in the back of my pickup and subsequently have it blow out :naughty:. I have since changed my ways...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Frustrating!

When I go hunting I often carry in a bag of bait so I always make a point of using the empty bag to carry out the trash I find along the trails. Same when fishing from shore. I carried several 5 gallon buckets of trash from the Mays Landing trestle when I was herring fishing. Every morning when I walk down to coffee I pick up the empty bottles and assorted trash that is in the gutter. If everyone made even a small effort it will help.

The thing that really bugs me is that the AC Press and Current newspapers throw their free papers on our streets every week. Many times these papers never make it to the front lawns or walks. About half of them never get picked up because people don't want them or the houses are empty. When it rains they wash down into the gutters and eventually in to the bay. I wrote to the AC Press and they said that the benefit of advertising outweighs the damage done to the environment. Then I wrote to our mayor and he basically said Freedom of the Press includes the right to litter.

We are doomed to live in squalor because littering is not important enough for anyone in authority to deal with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts